Join Us

We are 217,522 members in 84 forums discussing 160,606 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Nipple pain

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Jun 1, 2012 12:29PM

Blythers wrote:

My main saurgery was March 6 with a follow up on April 2 (for an unclean margin). Over the past week or so I have been experiencing nipple pain. Its not severe but its bothersome and a little scary. I have read that I should call my doctor but I don't know which one to call. My HMO is so disjointed I don't know who would know anything, care about, or have an idea of what to do. I already frustrated about the run around for my chemo...which has been delayed again because "we don't have your mugascan results yet" (it was done three weeks ago and two doctors have it" and "oh, the chemo nurses are ALL OFF ON FRIDAYs".My primary doesn't know anything, I saw my surgeon a total of four times; two office visits and two surgeries (he's not going to have much to say about nipple pain). My oncologist? I don't think so, plus she only works on Mondays at the facility where I am allowed to see her. I just feel so drained...I had to call in sick to work becasue I can't stop crying.

Right here, right now Dx 2/29/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 6/6/2012 AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 4, 2012 05:33PM flash wrote:

hugs.  the best person to call is a breast surgeon. there are several possible reasons for the pain and you shouldn't be miserable. 

In the USA, You are entitled to a copy of any tests.  One thing that might help in dealing with your tx is to keep a copy of every test you have in a notebook.  Bring the notebook with you to all of your appointments.  It can save time for the docs hunting for your results. Just about every medical facility is having cutbacks and often filing is one of the first things to be short and backlogged.

Good luck. 

multifocal multicentric IDC, DCIS, pagets et al. - er+,pr+ her2+++, mast,chemo, ooph, hyst Dx 10/10/2007, Paget's, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 5, 2012 07:49PM Blythers wrote:

Thanks. It is a great idea to start a binder. My friend decorated one for me. Its my BCB (Breast Care Binder). Everyone shoud have one. Just today , my onc nurse called to ask about some doctor's notes the onc didn't receive. I had them in my binder and faxed them right over. I also keep ALL referrals, work FMLA stuff, and a calendar in there!

Right here, right now Dx 2/29/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 6/6/2012 AC + T (Taxol)

Sep 10, 2012 07:49PM 123home wrote:

i don't know how it is at every Hopsital but at mine you get a pivote breast cancer nurse & she will talk to doctors and scedual things which is way easier than dealing with the secretaries. Talking to secrataries is the WORST and in my oppinion they are the most likly to kill you in the hospial. Ask for your oncologists email- as her patient you have the right to it & doctors prefer it. THIS WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID> I can't get ahold of my doctors and secretaries can be useless but he checks his email like 50 times a day, mine responds even on a friday night at 10pm. If he's worried then he will get you in WAY faster than any nurce can. Ask for an email. This is a very difficult time, I found waiting for treatment to start the worst part. Hugs! 

Hormonal Therapy Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)