Join Us

We are 217,648 members in 84 forums discussing 160,665 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Kiniseotape for post-BMX & rad pain

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Jul 20, 2012 08:35PM

kestrelgurl wrote:

I have been reading a few posts about others who have used taping for pain and LE and thought it might be appropriate to start a thread.

I have been "taped" by my LMT twice in an attempt to prepare the tissue for begining the reconstruction process (fat grafting --> TE's --> implants). She puts the tape on my scars, and then does LE taping on the right side where I had lymph nodes removed and radiation. While I hope the prep work pays off, I am amazed by the reduction in my nerve pain and skin hypersensitivity when I am taped. All of the burning disappears almost immediately.

We assume the taping interrupts the pain pattern sort of like how a TENS unit works.

Anyone else have this very welcome side effect?

Gail - ILC, CLL/SLL and squamous cell carcinoma? Yeppers, I won the cancer lottery. Dx 9/10/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/12/2011 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 11/7/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2012 Surgery 2/11/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Jul 20, 2012 08:50PM FireKracker wrote:

Hello---I wish i had those results.I was wrapped on Monday.wonderful.loved it.Then again on Wed.still felt so great.It was so easy to do my exercises without the swelling for the LE.I did not have a MX but LE.Today I went to have the tape changed and my PT brings me a mirror.damn I knew something was wrong but i never expected this bright red underarm.I am so upset.Just when I thought I had this damn disease under control.grrrrrr.

Glad you started this thread.

Focktober!!!!Pink stinks!!!!

Aug 9, 2012 11:22PM cinnamonsmiles wrote:

Last week my LE therapist put some tape on the side of my chest below the underarm for LE. I don't know if it helped or not. She isn't really forthcoming with a lot of info for me. I have to come here, then go back to her. I don't know why she would tape me once, and not again.

I do know, that taking the tape off burned like crazy.  

Aug 18, 2012 03:05AM - edited Mar 25, 2013 10:07AM by Shrek4

Aug 18, 2012 02:54PM Blessings2011 wrote:

My friend in my water aerobics class has LE. She uses the tape; says it helps. She even wears it in the pool.

Dx 9/15/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/4/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 8/21/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/21/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 21, 2012 04:45PM cinnamonsmiles wrote:

My LE therapist used tape on the side of my chest right under my armpits where I have truncal LE and PMPS. I can not handle taking the tape off. The pain is unbearable trying to take it off. It makes things worse than without. I was disappointed that I can't do it.

Aug 24, 2012 05:49PM kestrelgurl wrote:

I stood in the shower for about 10 minutes prior to removing the tape. I also found it helped to hold down my skin right at the edge of the tape and just inch it off a bit at a time. Not pleasant, but tolerable.

Gail - ILC, CLL/SLL and squamous cell carcinoma? Yeppers, I won the cancer lottery. Dx 9/10/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/12/2011 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 11/7/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2012 Surgery 2/11/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)