Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Chiropractor

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Aug 21, 2012 06:19PM

barbiecorn wrote:

Has anyone been to a chiropractor for post BMX pain in back and shoulder area?  I want to go to get some treatment in the hopes that it will help with the discomfort - I am six months out from BMX.  Thanks for your input!!

Dx 12/26/2011, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Aug 21, 2012 09:42PM - edited Aug 24, 2012 10:17PM by cinnamonsmiles

This Post was deleted by cinnamonsmiles.

Aug 22, 2012 03:36AM barbiecorn wrote:

I am not going to have the chiropractor press on my back area for an adjustment but wanted to have the electrodes on my back to see if it would help with the heat.  Not sure if it is a good idea though.  A physical therapist is better you say.  I will look into that - thanks for your response.  My bs said the operation causes pain and soreness in the surgery area and yes around the back also.  This may last a long time for what I have read.  Accupuncture did work but only temporary and it costs a lot to keep going to an accupuncturist as insurance does not pay anything for their treatments.  Chiropractor may be covered under my insurance.

Aug 22, 2012 03:53AM Trisha-Anne wrote:

Barbiecorn I've been going to a chiropractor for years, I couldn't survive without one lol.  I had two serious neck injuries many years ago within a month or eachother and suffered for around 10 years with headaches from it.  He has made me function again.

After my mx I didn't see him for around 2 months and then saw him again regularly (I have always gone every 4 weeks for an adjustment) and have had no problems with getting used to a one sided chest.  I don't really remember having any pain post mx.

You have to find a good one though - there are some quacks out there.  Mine does xrays to see how the spine is first and works from there.  I always have my neck and back adjusted.  After being on Arimidex for 14 months I have a lot of joint pain now, and he helps with that as well.

Trish

I have made a long journey and been to a strange land and I've seen the dark man very close ... Thomas Wolfe Dx 9/17/2010, ILC, <1cm, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/17/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 11/4/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 22, 2012 12:33PM barbiecorn wrote:

Thanks Trish - I am going today to a good one whom I have known for years - She is very knowledgeable - I am afraid to get adjusted in the back of the chest area because of my BMX - but she can adjust the lower part I would assume.  I see you are HER2+ also - how did you do on Herceptin???  How are you doing now? 

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)