Join Us

We are 217,648 members in 84 forums discussing 160,665 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: This forum should be grouped w/palliative & bone forums

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Sep 20, 2012 11:38AM

1Athena1 wrote:

....had trouble finding it.

Article:

Poor Pain Control for Cancer Patients

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/20/poor-pain-control-for-cancer-patients/?hp

Anyone diagnosed with cancer should learn to have a healthy disrespect for statistics. Statistics are maths. It's the science which still eludes us. Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 23, 2012 04:50PM cinnamonsmiles wrote:

I can definitely relate to the frustration of having pain from PMPS,LE and scar tissue adhesions. I was only able to find a pain clinic after I got fed up and went to a new internal medicine dr. The first order of business was to send me to a pain clinic. I NEVER feel like I am treated like a drug addict there. I do feel like that when I have seen other doctors. So many pill addicts and doctors that are either uneducated on pain, don't believe in chronic pain, etc etc. Some times I think I even let myself feel guilty like I am doing something wrong for taking pain medication long term.

Sep 25, 2012 08:45PM - edited Mar 25, 2013 07:04AM by Shrek4

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)