Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: RSD aka CRPS

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Oct 21, 2012 03:59PM

Marciw wrote:

RSD or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome? I have developed RSD after 2nd surgery and slightest touch is extremely painful so that after 20 days, still unable to wear any clothing against breast. Has confined me to house. Nothing relieves pain; am awaiting apptmt with neurologist who understands RSD. This is my 2nd episode; 1st one after fracture of wrist 2005. Anyone have experience with RSD in breast?

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Oct 21, 2012 04:08PM Mia1984 wrote:

No but I have RSD/crps and just be diagnosed with BC dreading treatment and effect.     Its very emotional and physical everyday trapped by the pain,  I have had it for 10 years coping better now than in the begining

gentle hugs    

Oct 22, 2012 10:18PM gernie wrote:

Hi, yes i have crps (pmps)...had bilat mast w/recon a year ago. Had lots of burning/sensitivity in chest/implant area. Neurontin and lyrica are the first line drugs for this. See a pain management doctor... Also lidoderm patches help too...helpful for wearing clothes. I'm not totally better yet, but have improved over time. Good luck to you!:)

Dx 5/9/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)