Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: New Pain on my left chest at breast level

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Oct 28, 2012 10:02PM

JustSaying wrote:

On my left side, which was where I had a mastectomy in 2009 for stage 1 breast cancer, I have this pain. I think it's more or less where the lymph nodes go that come out of the breast and then make a 90 degree turn north to go up the side of the chest to the top of the arm. I am wondering if I should call the doctor. I really hate doing that. It's a very specific point, but then there's another lesser pain point farther up the side of the chest. Anyone else ever have this?

Dx 12/10/2008, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Oct 31, 2012 08:08AM Karen3 wrote:

Hi JustSaying,

I would recommend that you just keep a check on this area. I had a similar sensation last summer in my opposite breast. I noticed quickly that a raised area appeared - it felt different to the tumour I found in my other breast a year or so previously but nontheless I knew this was not right for me. After a couple of months I notified the hospital and was called in for a mammogram / ultrasound. They were both negative. Thankfully they performed a biopsy. They found high grade cancer but this time in situ - 4cm of it. I found this early because I was vigilent and I was drawn to this area by PAIN. I found this latest cancer before it became visible to mammorams / ultrasound. The moral of the story is: listen to your body, monitor the area and remain vigilent. If you are still in some pain in weeks / month from now then flag it up and get it checked out. All the best to you! Karen.

Second diagnosis 17/10/11 DCIS 4cm, grade 3 (high grade) left breast (contralateral breast cancer), Er- Pr -, 0/2 nodes, Bilateral mast 8/12/11. IDC TN 09/09 neo adjuvant chemo nil response. Lumpectomy 01/2010 and rads 03/ 2010. Dx 9/8/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/22/2009 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 1/3/2010 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 2/5/2010 Breast Surgery 12/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)