We are 197,863 members in 81 forums discussing 145,395 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Pain → Topic: Rib pain after mammogram

Topic: Rib pain after mammogram

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Dec 7, 2017 02:59AM

Lookingforhelp wrote:

Wondering if rib pain is normal after a mammogram? I have two Clinical stage 1 tumours in my right breast (biopsy last week). Today I had the mammogram and have woke up with a lot of pain underneath my breast and the side under the armpit. Feels like it is in my ribs.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Dec 7, 2017 09:35PM VL22 wrote:

Hi - I had that pain and it has lasted through most of chemo. I had to have a bone scan because something odd showed up on MRI - nothing was found thankfully. Sometimes o just think all the pressing and squeezing and awkward positioning takes its toll. It is finally barely noticeable.

I would definitely mention it. You will probably get a chest X-ray as part of stude precedire for surgery

Dx 5/5/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/15/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 6/23/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/10/2017 AC + T (Taxol)

Dec 8, 2017 06:49AM Lookingforhelp wrote:

thanks VL22. I also got the cold shivers followed by a fever and my breast is red and warm. I went to see my GP and we both think it's mastitis (I've had it before in my other breast). I'm on antibiotis now and hope to start feeling better soon. It doesn't hurt as much but it's still very tender

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)