Join Us

We are 217,485 members in 84 forums discussing 160,589 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Serious relief from my lumpectomy burning pain...

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2018 05:40PM - edited Mar 20, 2018 12:32AM by Dustien

Dustien wrote:

This Post was deleted by Dustien.
DustieN Dx 2/5/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/23/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Mar 20, 2018 12:50AM - edited Mar 20, 2018 12:51AM by Dustien

I had written a long post here and went to edit it and it all disappeared! Grrrrr... One tip...when posting in this forum, highlight and copy often in case your post disappears and undo won't get it back!

I was explaining how I created a "sling" for my injured breast when it began burning from reawakening nerves (according to my Surgeon's nurse who also said it could last for sometime...maybe even weeks more). I noticed the pain was less when I cupped my breast with my hand, but that wasn't useful in public and used a hand I needed to have free! So I set out to figure out how to "cup" my breast some other way. I ended up using an athletic bra, cutting a hole for the nipple and areola area to come through, as well as created an additional sling out of a regular ace bandage and put it under my breast and over my shoulder (like my breast was a broken arm). This "cradled' my breast and kept my nipple from being rubbed by my bra which would cause pain. I discovered this worked well, as the burn pain on an average day was greatly reduced. I've not worn it out on a busy day though, or a day when the pain was more severe.

You can purchase a "comfort sling" for your breast on the net (do a goggle search), but I think they are rather pricey at 25.00 (that includes shipping). I'll continue to use mine as long as it keeps the pain at bay. If it doesn't work on bad days, I might give in and pay for the comfort sling. If I do I'll post here what I think. If you do, how about posting what you think! It's all about trying to control the pain rather then letting the pain control you

DustieN Dx 2/5/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/23/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)