Join Us

We are 217,485 members in 84 forums discussing 160,589 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: 10 years post mastectomy/reconstruction and burning sensation

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Jul 2, 2018 06:52PM

Sig wrote:

Hi, I am 10 years post mastectomy/reconstruction/chemo/rad/herceptin, since the last couple months I am having a burning sensation under my silicone implant (on my chest wall), it is not constant, it is on and off, I had an ultrasound (ordered by my GP) and it can back normal.

so is anyone start having a burning sensation several years post mastectomy, is it normal?

I am seeing my oncologist only end of september

Dx 1/16/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 31, 2018 10:18PM Maryellen6 wrote:

Hi Sig...

I am five years out with double mastectomy and had silicone implants.

I also have ongoing pain in left breast where cancer was. Most of the time it feels like a pulled muscle around armpit and in back but if I do to much lifting it also can burn and feel like a knife is stabbing me.

I am also going to see my oncologist and also plastic surgeon to have this checked. But I have had ongoing pain since the surgery. I cannot have any more follow up surgery because I had blood clots in my lungs after reconstruction.

I have learned that this is an ongoing adjustment and it gets old trying to adjust to the pain.

I hope you have found some relief.

ILC-Stage 2B-Grade 2...Bilateral Mastectomy w/reconstruction...8 rounds chemo 4/AC and 4Taxotere...no radiation Dx 4/12/2013, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 3/8 nodes, ER+/PR-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)