Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pain increasing 3 weeks AFTER Core Biopsy??!!

Spoonie77
Spoonie77 Member Posts: 532
edited August 2018 in Pain

Ok, has anyone had this happen???

I had my Core Biopsy on July 19th. Handled the procedure well. Hardly any bruising. No bleeding afterwards, No swelling. Minimal pain that was totally gone in less than 4 days. Thought I was out of the woods as far as that procedure goes.

Not so much :(

A week afterwards, the pain in the CB site began steadily throbbing, aching, and increasing in intensity.

Three weeks later it is really painful. I cannot put pressure on it. Bras are out of the question. Just sitting in a chair the ache is intense.

I live with Chronic Pain due to other medical conditions daily, have done so for past 30 years.

I'm not a wuss by any means, yet this pain is hard to ignore.

I am scheduled for my Lumpectomy on Aug 30th.

I talked with my Cancer Center triage RN today - she said it's just a "hematoma" and I'll be fine. Unless it's swelling, hot to the touch, etc it's not anything to be concerned about.

I want to believe her, but I'm having a hard time. My mind is freaking out and this isn't usual for me.

My mind says pain doesn't increase after a procedure, it gets better....not worse....but I'm new to the BC world.

Can anyone help me trust them and know I don't need to be alarmed? Or am I right to be worried?????

TIA!

Hugs and healing to all! <3

Comments

• mustlovepoodles
    mustlovepoodles Member Posts: 1,248
    edited August 2018

I think I'd want add someone to evaluate that. It may be "just a hematoma", or a seroma, or an infection. . If your breast surgeon won't see you this week, call your PCP or go to Urgent Care. The pain should only be getting better by now, not worse.

• Spoonie77
    Spoonie77 Member Posts: 532
    edited August 2018

Thanks so much MustLove - this was my thought too!

I go in for my Pre-Op appt tomorrow with my PC so I'll ask her about it at length. Hopefully they will take me seriously. I'm disappointed that my triage RN just passed it off as nothing to worry about.

I just doesn't seem right that the pain is getting worse, not better. I've been googling hematomas from Core Biopsies and yes this can and does happen. I get it BUT it can lead to infection sometimes and with my surgery in 2 weeks, I really want someone to stay on top of this so it can stay on schedule. Especially given my immune system conditions and connective tissue diseases.

Hopefully my PC will be able to alleviate my stress about this and help calm down the pain. Fingers crossed!

I'll post what my PC suggests tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again MustLove - even just having someone echo my thoughts is so very supportive and helpful. At least I'm not alone!