Join Us

We are 219,487 members in 84 forums discussing 161,542 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Neulasta / Lonquex

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Sep 30, 2018 05:54PM

Yeliel wrote:

To strengthen the immune system after chemotherapy I was given a shot 24 hours later...and I thought I had experinced pain before, this is though..someone who knows how long it will be like this? Hopefully 4-5 days!

I'm from Norway so not sure if the name Off the shot is the same :/

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Sep 30, 2018 11:54PM NotVeryBrave wrote:

Yes - Neulasta can cause bone pain from the stimulation of the bone marrow to produce more cells. Many people on this site recommend taking Claritin to help. It seems to work best if started a day or two before the chemo round and continued for a day or two after the Neulasta shot. I just took it every day because it didn't cause any problems for me.

TCHP x 6 with pCR. One year of Herceptin. DTI pre-pec surgery. Quit Tamoxifen after 3 months. Dx 11/21/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2016 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 12/19/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2016 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 5/8/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 9/8/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2020 Evista (raloxifene)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)