Join Us

We are 217,696 members in 84 forums discussing 160,687 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: BCO Podcast: Post-Mastectomy Pain Syndrome

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Oct 5, 2018 03:10PM

Moderators wrote:

Post-Mastectomy Pain Syndrome: What It Is and How It's Treated

October 5, 2018

Stubblefield

Michael Stubblefield, M.D. is medical director of cancer rehabilitation at the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in New Jersey and the national medical director for Select Medical's ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation program. He is known around the world for his expertise in the identification, evaluation, and rehabilitation of pain and functional disorders caused by cancer and cancer treatments, particularly problems caused by radiation and chemotherapy. Dr. Stubblefield is an accomplished researcher and has published extensively on medical rehabilitation, oncology, pain management, palliative care, and neurophysiology.

Listen to the podcast to hear Dr. Stubblefield explain:

• the definition of post-mastectomy pain syndrome and the different ways it affects people
  • how surgeries and radiation can cause this pain syndrome
  • treatments for post-mastectomy pain syndrome
  • the three things that anyone experiencing post-mastectomy pain syndrome should know

Running time: 29:38

Listen or read the transcript now.
To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Oct 30, 2018 07:40AM dreaming wrote:

I had a mastectomy in 1991, first I had phantom pain and itching where my breast was supposed to be.

A year later had reconstructive tram flap.

In all this years I have a recurring pains behind my reconstruction,the scars, the chest wall.

Did not have radiation, had 11 treatments of chemo.

Long term survivors we have many issues with pain.

After the mastectomy a second diferent cancer was found: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, C.F.M.: Dx 7/7/1991, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)