Join Us

We are 216,681 members in 84 forums discussing 160,146 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Quell for pain relief

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Jan 6, 2019 06:02AM

dtad wrote:

Hi everyone...I have chronic pain and have come across a new device to help control it. Its called Quell and its like a tens unit except it helps with generalized pain not just a specific area. Its about 300 dollars but it has helped me. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Oct 13, 2019 05:53PM tmiller207 wrote:

wish I could use it however if I did then it would destroy my gastric stimulat

Tonya A Miller Dx 8/1/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/29/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 9/30/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 1/31/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 24, 2020 09:39PM belll wrote:

dtad, thank you for sharing your discovery! I'm going to check out Quell. My bone mets pain is dominating my life, robbing me of my mobility & sleep. Narcotics make me sick to my stomach; lidocaine patches & other OTC pain relievers don't give me much relief. Ice still helps. Upon advice of my palliative care doctor, I'm now trying a good quality CBD oil and a CBD cooling stick (made by CBDistillery.) Verdict is still out...I'm looking for any non-pharmaceutical options available. I hope Quell brings gives you great relief!

Dx 7/3/2003, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIIA, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 6/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 25, 2020 07:46PM annie-2 wrote:

I did have one and it did help my knees. I was thrilled but.....after about about a week of wearing it exactly like the it said, I got a horrible rash that took more than a week to go away. I switched to the other knee and it did the same thing after a while.

I had purchased it at QVC which has a good return system and got all my money back because they had a 60 day return policy on the Quell.

I emailed the company and asked about electrodes that would not cause a rash and I got a return email saying not to wear it every day.

Then what good is it? Too much money not to be able to use it every day. Pain relief DID NOT LAST more than an hour after removing it. It only helped while on.

JO-5

Mar 21, 2020 06:37AM TheShadow wrote:

I've had mine for about 4 months. It takes the edge off my pain. I tend to use it whenever things are rough & the pain is fatiguing.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)