We are 225,822 members in 82 forums discussing 158,474 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Breast Pain after Mastectomy

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Apr 25, 2019 03:37PM - edited Apr 25, 2019 03:37PM by Virgo73

Virgo73 wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I had a double mastectomy with immediate recon due to cancer in my right breast. My surgery was over 1 year ago - Feb 28, 2018. Over the last 2 weeks I've had severe pain in my Left breast, almost like a tight burning pain, that doesn't seem to subside with Advil. I visited my breast surgeon who seems to think it might be a pulled muscle, however I'm getting worried. Has anyone else felt anything like this? It's in the breast that had NO cancer, or lymphnode involvement. The symptoms are; tightness, pain tender to the touch, burning pain.

The strange thing is that I don't feel any type of lump, but I may be distracted by the pain to notice.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Dx 10/2/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/2/2017, Right, 1cm

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 27, 2019 12:27PM ipenelope wrote:

Hi Virgi73,

Im sorry to hear your having so much pain all of a sudden!! Wondering was your surgery pre or post pectoral?? I had pre pectoral done and I get occasional sharp, pulling type pains where the graft was placed to hold the spacers and implants. Is the area of pain where there is a build up of scar tissue??

-Katie

KatiešŸ’— Dx 9/12/2018, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 11/14/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 6/12/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 11/20/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 7, 2019 10:08AM YogaJunkie wrote:

I know that this is a somewhat older post, but did you find the answer? Wondering if perhaps it could be capsular contracture? Also, did you have a nipple sparing mastectomy or traditional?

I hope you found some answers/relief

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)