Join Us

We are 216,687 members in 84 forums discussing 160,147 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Burning pain on right side of chest

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Sep 12, 2019 11:39AM - edited Sep 12, 2019 11:41AM by flag6818

flag6818 wrote:

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a burning pain on my right side of my chest but up so high it's close to the lower part of my collarbone. Its also kind of feels like it radiates down to the outer portion of my right breast.It's not terribly painful, but definitely a nuisance. The burning comes and goes. It is not constant. It started about 2-3 weeks ago. Is nerve damage possible to show up a year after lumpectomy and radiation? I'm worried it could be a PE too, but seems a strange place to have burning pain.

DX 6/8/18, IDC: Mucinous, Right, 2.3cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER-, lumpectomy (right), SNB (right), Hormonal Therapy 10/3/18 tamoxifen tattoo by Vinnie!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 12, 2019 04:53PM Kailuagirl wrote:

I had a biopsy 2 weeks ago that was diagnosed as cancerous, and since that biopsy I have had intermittent burning, similar to hot flashes in that breast. At first the doctor's office thought it could be an infection, but after an exam, determined it was most likely nerve damage from the biopsy. She said it should eventually go away. But you had your surgery long ago, did you have the burning after surgery too?

Sep 16, 2019 07:47PM obsolete wrote:

Hi, so sorry about the pain that you are both having. Since my lumpectomy and double mastectomy, I have not had any burning pain. The only discomfort I have had since the surgeries is the tightness or bungee cord feeling and back pain, which has progressively been getting much better.

Flag, I also had intermittent days of radiating & burning pain in my BC affected breast before my BC dx. But the pain for me was real burning pain. I also had been later diagnosed with multi-centric & multi-focal Mixed Mucinous Carcinoma which wasn't found until the post-surgical pathology after my mastectomy. Also had Invasive Papillary Carcinoma, so I'm really not sure which tumors were actually causing the burning pain in my bad breast.

You may wish to ask your doctor for an MRI, as one study found that 38% of Mucinous lesions were missed by 3D mammograms & ultrasounds. (Reference posts on MC thread on this website). Also, when I had suffered PE's in both lungs from car accident injuries, I did not have any pain in my breast or chest area whatsoever; but women's experiences can differ, I had been told. Best wishes.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)