Join Us

We are 216,681 members in 84 forums discussing 160,146 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Peripheral neuropathy caused by cancer

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2019 08:02AM

Heya24 wrote:

If you would be so kind, could you tell me about your nerve-problem(s) and the treatment(s) you're on for it? What helps, what didn't/doesn't?

My cancer spread to the cerebrospinal fluid where it's bullying my nerves and while the pain is under control, I got and still have constant feelings of my hands and feet being cold, oddly numb, and prickly (it often feels like it's burning but without pain nor heat), and at night if I sleep without my hands under the covers they feel freezing and painful even though they're actually warm. I am on a fentanyl patch, sevredol (morphine), and gabapentin. But it seemed to have gotten worse after my gabapentin dosage was upped; I started at 200mg and got worked up to 900mg now.

I'm wondering if reducing the dosage might help lessen it, so I'm going to ask about it, see what happens. Anyone had experiences like that on gabapentin? Or any other drug that just seemed to make things worse?

Dx 6/2015, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 3, 6/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 2/11/2019, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Dx 9/10/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to other

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Oct 31, 2019 09:15AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Heya,

We're so sorry you're experiencing this difficult side effect. We're sure others will be by shortly to weigh in with their experiences and advice.

In the meantime, we thought it might be helpful to share the following resources from the main Breastcancer.org site:

We hope this helps and that you get some relief soon!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)