We are 224,421 members in 82 forums discussing 157,746 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Tnbc and want to know do you get yearly scans?

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Nov 6, 2019 03:25PM

dlittkemann wrote:

Hi All

I was told all clear after treatments last year and my last radiation was mar 9th this year. Curious how often you get checked w scans. I did have a cat scan in June and all was ok. I worry tho about pains in back and on sides. Probably nothing but rather catch it now than later! When do you all have re checks

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Nov 7, 2019 07:41AM VL22 wrote:

My cancer center doesn’t do scans as follow up at all.

I finished chemo in December 2017 and rads in March 2018. I had really horrible back, shoulder and side pain for a very long time - it was attributed to the taxol. It felt like it was in both bone and muscle - it was truly horrible. I still get an aching in these areas if I overdo it. It honestly was well over a year before I felt like myself physically.

I hope this helps!

Dx 5/5/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/14/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 6/23/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/9/2017 AC + T (Taxol)

Nov 7, 2019 09:09AM dlittkemann wrote:

VL22 thank you so much for posting. I too get pains on both sides. Always worry it’s kidneys. And yes back aches. None of the pain severe. Just off and on and more aches than pains. Pray it’s from treatment and that’s all. Thanks so much. Glad to know this can happen. I also had taxol. And the red devil. Can think of proper name. Thanks again for letting me know others get this too. My last chemo was oct 9th last year. Last radiation was end of feb this year. Also had bilateral mastectomy nov last year.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)