We are 225,817 members in 82 forums discussing 158,470 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: For a friend.

Forum: Pain —

Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: Nov 12, 2019 04:13PM - edited Nov 12, 2019 04:17PM by Roll_me_away

Roll_me_away wrote:

Hello, this is my first post. I am trying to st help for my friend who is suffering great pain after what she describes as having had

Stage 2.5 HER II Negative in situ

She tells me they had to do surgery twice because it either came back of they didn't get it all at first.

After a DM she had reconstruction which didn't go well, leaving her with an artery severed and her bleeding out in the OR. They saved her in time when they found where the bleeding was coming from.

She has suffered through this from 2007 and again in 2013 with an abusive husband and no counseling or any outside help. She has gone though it alone.

I tried to get her to register on this forum. She has had a nervous breakdown and panic attacks on top of her tremendous pain. Her husband will not let her seek counseling because he is afraid she will tell how abusive he is.

I am a paralyzed veteran and some of the pain she describes sounds so familiar. Phantom pain. Real pain under her arms where they operated and very real pain in the region under her navel. She sits in front of the fireplace with her feet up on it so the warmth eases the pain.

She recently went to the Hersey, Pennsylvania pain clinic to try and get some medication. But with this moronic "opioid crisis" in America, they would not prescribe anything like oxycodone.

Please, until I can get her in this forum or another. Does any one know a BC specialty clinic or hospital with competent doctors and staff in the Pennsylvania area???

Right now the place I mentioned above, a 25 year old doctor wants to inject her abdomen with a needle guided by imaging like ultrasound. He has her scared out of her wits telling her he has to avoid any organs, etc. or she could be paralyzed if he hits any nerves from her lumbar or sacral spine.

I think she is suffering PTSD because of the weight of bringing up four children with BC and an abusive husband. She is at a breaking point and as her friend, I'm trying to get her some help.

Thank you to anyone who responds to this and helps guide her in the right direction.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Nov 12, 2019 04:20PM SimoneRC wrote:

Here are 5 good choices for her:

ATM Gene Mutation, Deletion. IDC w/Lobular Features and Focal Mucinous Features. Pre Pectoral Reconstruction. Hysterectomy Surgery 4/6/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 5/6/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 7/3/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/30/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/30/2019 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 8/6/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

Nov 12, 2019 04:34PM ctmbsikia wrote:

Here's another to try:

https://www.pabreastcancer.org/find-help/patient-r...

Ask to speak to a patient advocate, they should be able to help her. Good luck

Dx 12/14/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/16/2018, LCIS, Right Surgery 1/31/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 12, 2019 04:54PM Roll_me_away wrote:

Thank you so much, SimoneRC.

I will try to convince her to get a second opinion about that questionable needle. One dangerous deep needle every three months? I am ignorant about these things, but on her behalf, I'm trying to learn the language of it.

Nov 12, 2019 05:20PM SimoneRC wrote:

It sounds like he wants to inject using fluoroscopy. I have had that done and have friends who have had that for spine issues. That is my uneducated guess. However, since this seems to be a result of breast cancer treatment, a comprehensive cancer center would likely be a good place to start. Hopefully they can help her figure this out and help her get more pain control or hopefully elimination. Sounds like you are a good friend!

ATM Gene Mutation, Deletion. IDC w/Lobular Features and Focal Mucinous Features. Pre Pectoral Reconstruction. Hysterectomy Surgery 4/6/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 5/6/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 7/3/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/30/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/30/2019 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 8/6/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

Nov 24, 2019 06:01PM Roll_me_away wrote:

Simone, sorry for the time lag. I have been imploring my friend to get over here and register with this forum, to no avail. She is totally consumed with guilt from her husband. He keeps screaming at her that "other women that have had cancer work" and "do something around here" which she does try. But he owns two shady construction companies and she moved into his great big three story house with antiques everywhere and a finished basement. He used to have a housekeeper but fired her shortly after the "honeymoon period" was over.

Oh, I don't know why I'm telling this in open forum. I guess I'm very frustrated Trying to help. I don't know if I should keep out of it or what.

Simone you mentioned getting an injection by fluoroscopy. Did it help your pain? If so did you have to have the procedure done every few months? I think this is what my friend is talking about with her doctor. This is like, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! She has never unloaded on other women that might be understanding or helpful.

Thanks again if you reply...

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)