Join Us

We are 218,114 members in 84 forums discussing 160,906 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mucinous Carcinoma of the breast

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Apr 23, 2009 04:43PM

peggym wrote:

On April 21st I had a core biopsy and today I was told that I have mucinous carcinoma of the breast.  When I investigated on this website, the information given was that this is a rare type of cancer, about 2-3% of all breast cancers and usually occurs in post-menopausal women over the age of 60.  I am neither.  I am 51 years old, but still menstruate.  I have an appointment with a surgeon, but feel as though I am in the state of shock.  This "nodule" was found on routine mammogram and I convinced myself that it was nothing.

This may sound odd at my age, but I just recently started to enjoy and like 'these babies'.  The thought of losing my breast scares me tremendously, and I have not even considered the thought of this cancer metastasizing.  I won't think of that!

Page 80 of 80 (2,380 results)

Posts 2371 - 2380 (2,380 total)

Oct 9, 2020 12:07PM Rain88 wrote:

Hello ladies, I hope everyone is well. In Canada, we are getting ready for the long weekend of Thanksgiving.

Obsolete, I just had the results of my second bone scan: CLEAR!!! I am feeling dizzy with relief!

Sending you positive vibes! Heart

Dx 7/2019, IDC: Mucinous, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 11/27/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Oct 9, 2020 07:09PM voraciousreader wrote:

rain...great news! Enjoy the holiday! I have maternal Canadian family. Since the border is closed... mind sending my love to them? Hug I miss them. Growing up we got to celebrate both Canadian and American Thanksgivings together. We also celebrated Christmas break, Passover and summers as well

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Oct 9, 2020 08:04PM Rain88 wrote:

Thank you, voracious... I will certainly do. Fall is absolutely stunning, as I am sure you remember. I have forgotten how it is to travel... There are so many people to see, places to go ... We got used to doing it virtually, but it's not the same. I'll take a walk in the woods and along the river and I'll think of you and of our journey sisters with all the might of this majestic autumn. Blessed thoughts! Heart

Dx 7/2019, IDC: Mucinous, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 11/27/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Oct 9, 2020 08:08PM voraciousreader wrote:

rain! Thanks! Enjoy your walks. I walk a lot too! I don’t have to think that far back to remember seeing my Canadian family. Last summer, I visited Toronto and Montreal. Seems like yesterday....

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Oct 10, 2020 10:45AM obsolete wrote:

That is fantastic news, Rain, as you enjoy your celebratory Thanksgiving weekend up there. Ahh yes, we've all been missing our neighbors north of the border.

Hoping you and VR both have an outstanding holiday weekend. Peace, comfort & cheers to all.

Oct 10, 2020 12:46PM Rain88 wrote:

Thank you, Obsolete (I always thought it is such an interesting alias!). To you too, a wonderful weekend and a serene autumn. Heart

Oct 11, 2020 02:33AM tricianneAust wrote:

Rejoicing with you Rain88 at your ALL CLEAR bone biopsy. I have been thinking of you and praying for you especially each time I get a bone ache and it triggers my memory to get praying. Thinking of you all you MC sisters as you deal with all the up & downs of life plus Covid 19. We are especially fortunate in Sth Australia with no Covid cases from Community transmission just 3 or 4 per week in Quarantine from overseas travellers returning. Blessings on your health and safety.

TricianneAust Dx: 10/20/2010, DCIS Pure Mucinous Cancer , 2cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+75% /PR+ 75%, HER2-. Lumpectomy,Tamoxifen,25 x radiation, Vit D deficiency being treated. Dec 19 Mgram all ok.

Oct 11, 2020 07:01AM Rain88 wrote:

Thank you, Tricianne, for your steadfast support and kindness. I feel particularly blessed this Thanksgiving, as the good news coincide with my wedding anniversary and my son's birthday. What is changed, is that I can look now at my sons and hope for many years to come and continue to enjoy their beautiful presence in my life. And, yes, all the aches and sores I dismiss them almost joyfully! It is a glorious day of autumn! I hope all of you, ladies, are doing well and taking good care of yourselves. Heart

Oct 23, 2020 04:49AM wobbly wrote:

Hi all,

VR I just wondered what you meant by the 'sweet years'. Are you having mri for local breast issues or full body scans for mets....

Sorry if this is intrusive it just has played on my mind since you mentioned it. Hope you're well.

In England on the NHS it's a mammogr and physical with a nurse for 10 years I think, for eorly stages.

Very strange times at the moment

Hope all you global sisters are coping and keeping your spirits lifted somehow xx

Surgery 11/23/2014 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 2/8/2015 Breast Dx <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Surgery Prophylactic ovary removal

Oct 23, 2020 06:56AM voraciousreader wrote:

wobbly....IMHO, my radiologist is peerless. He was the one who found my tumor that was sitting in plain sight for three years. Other radiologists dismissed it as a cyst. I was sent to him by my ob/gyn doctor because my breasts were so dense and cystic. After properly diagnosing me, he has owned by breasts since. Almost 11 years.

With all of that said, I have never had a whole body scan. Before my initial surgery, I had an MRI that also found a drop of DCIS. I had been having mammograms and sonograms since the tender age of forty. Once diagnosed, the radiologist followed all of he recommended screenings for the first five years. NED, afterwards, I was put on annual mammos and sonograms. The sonograms were especially important because they saw the tumor, not the mammos. Cruising through my fifties, the cysts finally resolved and I grew more comfortable with the imaging because there was nothing to “see.” At sixty, the radiologist said, I now entered the “sweet spot.” That was the decade and a half that most women would be diagnosed with breast cancer. So because I was diagnosed at a relatively young age, 53, my risk of getting a breast cancer in my sixties or seventies was greater than someone who never had cancer. So now, he wants me to have MRIs every 18-24 months.

hope that clears your mind and emotions of those dark thoughts.....

Breast cancer has now receded to a far off place in my being...it is an “old” new normal and I feel blessed that the journey has taken me there....

Wobbly, I hope you and the rest of our sisters can get to that place...my prayers that everyone get there, sooner than later....

stay well and safe...and happy..

Page 80 of 80 (2,380 results)