We are 216,357 members in 81 forums discussing 153,643 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: tubular carcinoma

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2010 11:15AM

aner18 wrote:

Anyone out there also diagnosed with tubular carcinoma?  I know it is a rare kind, rarely spreads, is highly estrogen positive and has a good prognosis.  If you have tubular carcinoma, I am wondering about your treatment.  I had lumpectomy, radiation, and tamoxifen.  I am curious to know if all of this treatment is necessary for this kind of breast cancer- tubular, stage 1, grade 1, 0 lymph nodes.

Thanks, I look forward to learning more about tubular carcinoma related to treatment plan. 

Dx 12/7/2006, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 13 of 13 (370 results)

Posts 361 - 370 (370 total)

Jan 31, 2019 12:42PM applejuice wrote:

I fell good, pretty much all normal on my side.

I cant wait to get over it in a way, and hope that life will go back to normal, but on the other way i am a bit anxious to see the pathology of the tissue and make sure there is nothing else hiding out of sight!

I am reading as much as i can and i understand that each and every case is different. As you know, the more we learn the more questions we have and the more we expose our mind to think of the possibilities out there. My ER+ PR+ are very high > 99 and I am not sure how that will affect the future for me. For now, i choose just to inform myself and take one step at a time. Once this step is completed will discuss next steps with the MO and decide what's best.

How is the hormonal therapy going on for you?

Diagnosed at 48 on routine annual mammo, non‐palpable lesion. Dx 11/30/2018, DCIS/IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 1/23/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 2/1/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Feb 2, 2019 04:51AM grainne wrote:

You sound as if you have your head in a good place...everything you say is eminently sensible. You are right in thinking life will get back to normal, sooner than you think. The diagnosis can sometimes prompt some of us to take decisions that we would otherwise have kept putting off which actually mean life is better...that was true in my case. The worst thing is the anxiety about recurrence but that lessens as time passes. I totally understand about waiting for the pathology report..my phone sat on my desk like a hand grenade when I was waiting for my results.

I tried to take aromatose inhibitors but couldn't..I had horrible night seats, joint pain and, worst of all, depression. I switched to tamoxifen which i have been on for 2 1/2 years with minimal side effects.

I highly recommend exercise. It helps with side effects, reduces recurrence and really improves mood. It doesn't have to be drastic...brisk walking is grand.

Is your operation over now? I hope everything went well. Let us know how you are. X

grainne Dx 2/1/2016, DCIS/IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 2, 2019 09:40PM applejuice wrote:

Surgery went well and i am back home.I hope the recovery will be easy and boring, not terrible pain right now but i understand that might change. I plan to enjoy all the itme off and binge watch netflix for a few days.

Diagnosed at 48 on routine annual mammo, non‐palpable lesion. Dx 11/30/2018, DCIS/IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 1/23/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 2/1/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Feb 4, 2019 02:04AM grainne wrote:

That's good to hear. I hope all is still good and you are sleeping well. Can I recommend " Killing Eve" box set if you can get it in the US?

Keep in touch. Wishing you all the best.

grainne Dx 2/1/2016, DCIS/IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 5, 2019 11:28AM - edited Feb 5, 2019 09:35PM by Benaya

Hello Applejuice,

Hope you're recovering well!. Just wanted to mention that if I'm correct, I don't think that the fact that your ER+ & PR+ numbers are high is a negative--just tells you that tumor is receptive to hormones, which is usually a plus because it may be easier to treat with hormone blocking drugs.

Dx 11/22/2017, IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC)

Feb 8, 2019 12:11PM - edited Feb 10, 2019 03:40AM by applejuice

This Post was deleted by applejuice.

Feb 8, 2019 05:08PM isee wrote:

I just want to point out that the article was written in 1981...so it is around 38 years old. I believe this article is more in line with what is recommended currently.

https://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/tubula...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Invasive Tubular Carcinoma - BRCA2+ Dx 2/9/2011, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 8, 2019 06:37PM - edited Feb 8, 2019 06:37PM by isee

This Post was deleted by isee.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Invasive Tubular Carcinoma - BRCA2+ Dx 2/9/2011, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 10, 2019 03:40AM applejuice wrote:

sorry i overlooked the date it was published, removing the post.

Feb 10, 2019 10:44AM grainne wrote:

I'm atrocious at links but from time to time I google "pubmed" and search "tubular breast cancer 2019" (or 2018). I never read anything over about 10 years old. Are you a stats person? I am. The articles are all very reassuring. Have you got your pathology results back? How are you feeling now?

Page 13 of 13 (370 results)