Join Us

We are 218,192 members in 84 forums discussing 160,935 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Just diagnosed - phyllodes tumor

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Dec 11, 2013 12:53AM

Jlynn3 wrote:

Hi everyone,  

I'm 28 and found a lump in my breast back in Sept. Waited a bit to see my gyn who then sent me for an ultrasound. I had a ultrasound core biopsy done and received the results of a phyllodes tumor at the begining of this month. I am now scheduled to see a breast surgeon on the 19th. What can I expect when I see him? Are there anymore tests that need to be done, or is surgery the only answer? 

Just looking for any info from people who've dealt with these tumors.

I didn't expect this diagnosis.  

Thanks! 

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Dec 11, 2013 03:03AM ziggypop wrote:

Hi Jlynn - Very sorry that you have been diagnosed with a tumor. I only have a little information - phyllodes tumors can be either benign or malignant, in either case the general practice is to remove them. They will want to excise the tumor with a margin of 'clear' tissue around it. Without knowing more about the results of your pathology report, it would be difficult to say what else might be involved. Did you receive a copy of the path report or any more information?

Dx 5/2012, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, 5/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/1/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Dec 11, 2013 10:46PM loopy123 wrote:

Hi Jlynn3, If you would like answers from people who have been in the same situation, please search for 'phyllodes support group' on facebook. It is a group of hundreds of people who have also had this tumour and can give you a good idea of what to expect. Good luck on the 19th.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)