Join Us

We are 218,145 members in 84 forums discussing 160,921 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: radiation for papillary ductal carcinoma?

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Nov 13, 2014 01:43PM

dustyjem wrote:

hi, new member here. I had a bmx in june for invasive papillary ductal carcinoma. Staged at IIb, with 2 lymph nodes with macromets and 1 aux node with micromets. Grade 3 and a Ki-67 score of 67%. I am down to one of six chemo rounds left. ER+ 100%, so am expecting suspression pills of some kind for that when finished. Also Her2+(+3) so will be on herceptin till next october. About to start radiation. Well before starting herceptin, a heart echo was done. Heart pumps well for herceptin, but mitral and tricuspid valves both have mild to severe regurgitation. I am wondering if radiation is worth the risk of more heart damage? How many here skipped rads with papillary breast cancer?

Dx 4/10/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 10/6/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Nov 13, 2014 09:26PM Moderators wrote:

Welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us!

You are best to openly talk to your doctors about the risks of radiation and your heart valves. We hope it will be OK.

There is information on IDC — Invasive Ductal Carcinoma on our main site, where you'll learn about symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, etc.

Possibly of interest too is the Local Treatments for IDC: Surgery and Radiation Therapy

We hope this helps!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)