Join Us

We are 218,144 members in 84 forums discussing 160,921 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Phyllodes Tumor - Dealing with partial mastectomy

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Jul 12, 2015 09:25PM

Lagal1 wrote:

Hi,

I just recently had a partial mastectomy (3 days ago) and I'm having a little trouble dealing with my new look :) i had a Phyllodes tumor in my left breast that was approximately 2x5 cm so with the margin of tissue they removed, it feels like a good chunk is missing. I never really considered myself as vain, but I find myself looking at reconstructive options a lot more closely. I have no issues with my diagnosis or anything, I really feel lucky compared to what it could have been. Just curious if anyone has had any experience or advice

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jul 13, 2015 11:15PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Lagal-

We want to welcome you to our community here at BCO! We hope you find the support you're looking for during this time of healing.

You may want to head over to our surgery forum, you'll find lots of experienced members with advice and information for you in this stage after your mx. You can locate that forum here: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/91.

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jul 15, 2015 08:27AM Moderators wrote:

Dear Lagal, Just checking back to see how you are? The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)