Join Us

We are 218,145 members in 84 forums discussing 160,921 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Just diagnosed waiting for surgery

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Jul 17, 2015 08:06AM - edited Jul 17, 2015 08:07AM by MoM52413

MoM52413 wrote:

Hi all, I as recently diagnosed with IDC (Cribriform) with local DCIS in my left breast. ER and PR strong positive, HER2 neg. I am 47. I've had painful breasts and fluid filled large cysts for years along with nipple discharge (greenish yellow) which they've always told me was "normal". I always have to have them drained. Mammograms are EXTREMELY painful and I have EXTREMELY dense breast tissue (that's what the report says).

So, BRCA neg (yay) but strong family history of BC, one case of ovarian cancer, all first cousins.

I'm scheduled for a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy on Aug 18th. The Doctor says its grade 1, slow growing, so it's ok to wait a bit. I'm in constant pain in hat breast and under my arm but it's a constant ache accompanied by sharp pains trough my chest.

I'd love to hear how others are handling this kind of situation. Blessings

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Aug 6, 2015 05:18AM jameskenny2015 wrote:

It is sad I guess you must stay positive despite all these things, My wife got a Cancer treatment in Germany, with the help of Placidway, a medical tourism company. We were referred by this company to Martini Clinic in Hamburg which is a modern and highly specialized medical center. My wife did not have so much difficulties in undergoing the surgery since the staff were so kind to us and made my wife comfortable. For more info visit - http://www.placidway.com/package-search/,Cancer%20Treatment/search.html

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)