Topic: Invasive micropapillary carcinoma

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Papillary carcinoma, Cribriform carcinoma, Tubular carcinoma, Metaplastic tumors, Paget's disease, Phyllodes tumor, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: May 3, 2016 04:32PM

Posted on: May 3, 2016 04:32PM

Memily9 wrote:

I haven't checked in for a while just wondering if there are any others with a similar diagnosis or if there are any resources or information you could share with me.

Page 5 of 5 (46 results)

Oct 22, 2019 08:59PM neeli wrote:

Hi All,

If anyone has any feedback about my situation please let me know. I am shattered from my pathology report today.

Pathological report after MX says 0.7cm tumor was residual along with 3 sentinel lymph nodes (3mm,2mm,3mm) testing positive. A 2.4 cm DCIS was also removed during MX. The tumor has mix of invasive ductal carcinoma and invasive micro papillary carcinoma. ( My initial biopsy before chemo reported only invasive ductal carcinoma + 2 lymph nodes). BS wants to remove all axillary lymph nodes next.

As of now i have 3 cancers - IDC, invasive papillary carcinoma, DCIS. 3 positive lymph nodes, her2+ve, ER+ve, PR +ve. Can i even be hopeful?

Dx 4/24/2019, DCIS/IDC, Right, Grade 3, 3/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Chemotherapy 6/4/2019 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/4/2019 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 6/5/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 10/16/2019 Mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 11/6/2019 Kadcyla (T-DM1, ado-trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 12/4/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Chest wall

Oct 26, 2019 08:31AM Marksgirl wrote:

Neeli, I am so sorry you are in this situation. I am 4.5 years out. When I was diagnosed (2015), all the articles on micropapillary were so frightening. I will never forget the words "poor prognosis". The most recent studies have been so much more hopeful, with even better statistics. Micropapillary has an extremely high chance of local metastasis (to lymph nodes) but the same survival rates as IDC if not a little better. Here is one article that came up when I googled - https://bmccancer.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12885-017-3855-7 But there are many more.

Make sure you check the dates of articles you research. The older ones are pretty bleak but as micropapillary is identified more, the research is much more hopeful. Big hugs to you. I remember those days. My best advice is get outside, put on music, breath, exercise, one foot in front of the other and maintain hope for many years with breast cancer history always a part of who you are but not defining your life, time, and energy. Lots of love.

Jenny

Micropapillary IDC, 47 at dx Dx 1/12/2015, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/17/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 3/18/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/17/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 27, 2019 05:41AM yogatyme wrote:

Neeli, I was dxed w invasive micropapillary carcinoma in July of this year and was told it has a more favorable treatment outcome than previously thought. I agree wMarksgirl, be sure to check dates on anything you read as earlier research has some scary information. Hang tight and come here for support

Yogatyme Surgery 3/3/2019 Dx 7/19/2019, IDC: Papillary, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/13/2019 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right)

Nov 16, 2019 11:16AM - edited Nov 17, 2019 09:28AM by StellaStarr

michelelf & neeli: I was diagnosed with Stage 3C breast cancer: IDC, IMPC, DCIS, and metastatic lymph node cancer! FOUR! On top of that hot mess, 24 out of 24 lymph nodes were cancerous. It was also in my bloodstream, and a small spot in my right lung. My Radiation Onc gave me 2 years before the BC would be back; most likely bone cancer. And yet, here I am, going on 11 years post-diagnosis. I won't lie and say my life is fine. It is not. I had dual dense chemo + radiation and 5.5 years of Aromatase Inhibitors. Plus, I ended up with a horrible infection after my 2nd BC surgery a month after the first surgery that required a Wound Vac strapped to my chest for 3 months. I have raging Lymphedema due to the removal of all those lymph nodes. It has screwed up my life totally. I just never fully recovered from the BC TREATMENT.

My (physical) life is very difficult. But! I am alive. My daughter, an only child whose Daddy died of cancer when she was barely 16, still has a Mother. My Darling Husband still has his zany and funny Wife (and he still sees me as sexy even as I approach my 70th birthday and look 10 months pregnant with twins). My much younger sister, in many ways my first child, still has her Big Sister and my brother still has his closest Friend (me!). And all my friends still have my back as I have theirs. I am the matriarch of our family now and I have responsibilities that require I stay alive. I try to accommodate them. LOL.

I like perusing NIH for medical articles. I found one recently written by Dr. B. Bodai, a doctor I met, and nationally well-known to boot. If you look up the NIH articles, be sure to check the ones they list on the right side of the page of the article you are reading. Lots of good stuff!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4403581/

Jan 3, 2020 05:58PM - edited Jan 3, 2020 05:59PM by LJDH0709

I too was diagnosed with micro invasive micropapillary and papillary in 2013. 

Had a recurrence in 2018, radiaition and tamoxifen and no vascular or lymphatic invasion so far.

I also agree, check the dates on what you read.  The older material that I read was pretty bleak.

The information out there that is more current seems to offer much more hopeful outcomes now.  Stay with the most current information.

Sep 19, 2022 10:58PM ranger123 wrote:

were you treated with chemo for the micropapillary carcinoma?

Page 5 of 5 (46 results)

Scroll to top button