Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

alternative to tamoxifen after tubular breast cancer treatment

Catherine2017
Catherine2017 Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm Catherine, 52 years old and 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with Tubular breast cancer. The lump was removed as well as all my right arm lymph nodes because 2 nodes were affected. I then had chemotherapy and radiotherapy. And Tamoxifen.

I'm wondering whether it's worth continuing with tamoxifen as it's linked to cancer of the womb, bone thinning and liver changes. I read that alternatives, like eating organic and vegan could help just as much, providing one does exercise and avoids stress. I'm already doing those. I also read that cannabis oil, can be helpful but it's illegal. I'm not doing it as it's illegal and I don't want to get high. Apparently, some medicine exists were the component that makes you high is removed.

Thank you for contacting me if you have any relevant and reliable information.  

Love to all

Catherine

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044
    edited June 2017

catherine - when you get a minute, please go to My Profile and enter your diagnosis & treatment to date.

Second thought - have you talked to your doctor? There are drawbacks & side effects to any treatment, but I think you need to discuss this with your MO. He or she will know the percentage that you are ER/PR positive and why the therapy was prescribed in the first place & be able to guide you from there.

• Catherine2017
    Catherine2017 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017

Thank you Minus 2:)

• Brightsocks
    Brightsocks Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2017

Here is a study I found. I would talk it over with your doctor and review a few other studies that are on the web. Tubular breast cancer is a rare form of BC so there are not too many studies as other types of BC.

http://ar.iiarjournals.org/content/34/7/3647.full

• gardengurl
    gardengurl Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2022

Brightsocks thank you for the link to that study. I think I will be passing on taking AI’