Join Us

We are 218,061 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: alternative to tamoxifen after tubular breast cancer treatment

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Jun 24, 2017 11:07AM

Catherine2017 wrote:

Hi,

I'm Catherine, 52 years old and 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with Tubular breast cancer. The lump was removed as well as all my right arm lymph nodes because 2 nodes were affected. I then had chemotherapy and radiotherapy. And Tamoxifen.

I'm wondering whether it's worth continuing with tamoxifen as it's linked to cancer of the womb, bone thinning and liver changes. I read that alternatives, like eating organic and vegan could help just as much, providing one does exercise and avoids stress. I'm already doing those. I also read that cannabis oil, can be helpful but it's illegal. I'm not doing it as it's illegal and I don't want to get high. Apparently, some medicine exists were the component that makes you high is removed.

Thank you for contacting me if you have any relevant and reliable information.  

Love to all

Catherine

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 24, 2017 01:58PM MinusTwo wrote:

catherine - when you get a minute, please go to My Profile and enter your diagnosis & treatment to date.

Second thought - have you talked to your doctor? There are drawbacks & side effects to any treatment, but I think you need to discuss this with your MO. He or she will know the percentage that you are ER/PR positive and why the therapy was prescribed in the first place & be able to guide you from there.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 28, 2017 11:13AM Catherine2017 wrote:

Thank you Minus 2:)

Jun 29, 2017 06:02PM Brightsocks wrote:

Here is a study I found. I would talk it over with your doctor and review a few other studies that are on the web. Tubular breast cancer is a rare form of BC so there are not too many studies as other types of BC.

http://ar.iiarjournals.org/content/34/7/3647.full

Dx 11/24/2015, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/5/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/17/2016 Whole-breast: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)