Join Us

We are 218,032 members in 84 forums discussing 160,858 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Paget's diagnosis

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Jul 26, 2017 11:57AM

Giga wrote:

hello my lovelies.

Im 28. Mother of 4.

I have been reading articles and conversations on this site for a while now. First of all i would like to praise all you ladies for being strong and being there for other women going through diagnosis or just diagnosed.

When i was 16 i developed a very itchy rash on my left breast areola. It grew bigger, oozed clear-white discharge and my nipple would discharge the same when squeezed. I dealt with it like how any 16 yr old would. After (let's say 7+) months the rash disappeared along with the symptoms.

Fast foward to April 2017, twelve yrs later, the rash came back, same spot, this time smaller in size and not oozy. The itch was significant. And both nipples discharged clear-white and sometimes yellowish when squeezed..esp the left one. This time my breasts esp the left one are painful. The rash disappeared 2 weeks ago..just when id managed to get an appt. with a BS. I can still squeeze out some diacharge though..but that it if i squeeze it hard.

No palpable lump during physical exam. MAMMO, U/S & MRI showed nothing. Except that the day i had MRI they did another U/S and the report says "BILATERAL REACTIVE APPEARING AXILLARY LYMPH ADENOPATHY".

I had a punch biopsy done today. The Dermatologist though, is treating my case as eczema. Prescribed mosturizing shower cream, cortisone ointment, etc. Which i did not bother to buy. She could not even explain why i have discharge from the nipple. I felt so disappointed and i was an emotional wreck immediately. Im glad she did the biopsy.

Could anyone please share their experience (s). I know symptoms can be individual. How was your journey to diagnosis. What does LYMPH ADENOPATHY mean in my case? I will see tye BS once the biopsy report is out.

TIA. ☺❤

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 26, 2017 12:05PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Why would you not pick up your prescriptions and at least follow the directions of the Dermatologist while you are waiting for the biopsy results to come back? I don't understand why you are "emotionally wrecked" when you are receiving appropriate treatment, i.e.., mammogram, ultrasound, MRI, biopsy and meds and to this point nothing points to anything terribly alarming.

It is not uncommon for hormonal teenagers to have some hormonal nipple discharge. I doubt seriously that has any bearing on twelve years later.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)