Join Us

We are 218,032 members in 84 forums discussing 160,857 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mucinous Carcinoma of breast

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: May 28, 2018 04:50PM - edited May 31, 2018 02:27PM by Moderators

ibrahem wrote:

dear All,

my 73 years old father had a Mucinous Carcinoma before 7 years and he get a mastectomy and chemotherapy and Hormonal treatment . after 7 years we found a tumor recurrent and the pathology report as the following "consist with mucinous carcinoma recurrent .

not:maximum tumor size in this biopsy is 1.1cm in the breast tissue ,however the separate fragments submitted ,also mucinous tumor and measures in aggregates 1.6cm.

-the tumor has well defined margins ,however focal infiltration into fatty tissue is noted

-margin of excision cannot be evaluated properly as there are separated tumoe fragments in the container .

-no lymphovascular invasion seen

no perinrural invasion seen in this material.

the larger piece with attached skin show no evidence of malignancy. "

now i am so worried about this and i cant stop thinking about this and i am so sad .

kaindly if there any one can tell me the status of my father and what is the case exactly .

thank you all for helping in advance

for more information about the case contact me via PM

Edited by Mods to remove personally identifiable contact information.