We are 213,352 members in 82 forums discussing 152,253 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Histiocytoid (HBC)- Any Information

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Nov 7, 2018 09:12PM

phlorada wrote:

I was diagnosed today with histiocytoid variant of Invasive Lobular Carcinoma - the pathologist told me (over the phone) it was a rare type of breast cancer. I can't find any information online. I am waiting for a call from a Breast Surgeon for an appointment. Does anyone have any information they could share with me?

Thank you!!

Dx 11/2018, ILC, Right, Grade 1, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Nov 7, 2018 09:48PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Try this:

https://jcp.bmj.com/content/jclinpath/64/8/654.ful...

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Nov 7, 2018 10:17PM phlorada wrote:

Thank you! I am also looking for ANY experience or suggestions...

Nov 7, 2018 10:35PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Do a search here in these message boards. A few things come up, but I cant get a link to post right.. Where are you? With something rare I would want to go to an NCI Designated Cancer Center, at least for a second opinion, if at all possible.

You can try messaging the women on these threads that you find in the search, or post to the old thread. Sometimes women have them bookmarked as favorites and get notification of a new post so they can respond.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Nov 8, 2018 07:34AM phlorada wrote:

Thank you. I was just so nervous, I didn't even think about searching the boards but I did that and found some information. I am in southwest Florida. HAve you heard what are good hospitals or doctors in south Florida?

Nov 8, 2018 09:01AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Moffitt is closest to S. Florida

https://www.cancer.gov/research/nci-role/cancer-ce...

I will add that I had a rare ovarian cancer and also have a rare breast condition and have been very grateful that I was lucky enough to "luck into" diagnosis and treatment at a facility affiliated with an NCI center

Nov 8, 2018 02:31PM Moderators wrote:

phlorada, we are sorry for what you are going through! Thanks Melissa for the link. We are looking as well to see what we can dig up.

Medicating from your Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 10, 2018 08:37PM phlorada wrote:

Thank you so much. I am scared and I am open to all advice.

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)