Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Possible recurrence ?

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: May 5, 2020 11:24PM

Arianalr93_ wrote:

Hey all , I want to get everyone's opinion about if I should be concerned with recurrence after mastectomy. For about a year I have felt discomfort and slight swelling under my armpit as well as thickening on my mastectomy scar for the past few months. I have spoken to my doctor who did order an ultrasound under the arm but it only showed enlarged nodes. This morning I felt right above my scar a small hard ball . I can't tell if it is muscle or a mass. I feel that no one will listen to me because of my age and I can't help but shake the feeling something is wrong . What do you guys think

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

May 6, 2020 06:41AM MinusTwo wrote:

Arianair - this could be lymphadema and cording. Get your docs to recommend a trained & certified LE physical therapist. Below is a link with lots of good information & may help you find a trained PT.

https://www.stepup-speakout.org/

On the other hand, I did have a recurrence in a lymph node by my collar bone, but it was easily diagnosed with an ultrasound.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)