Join Us

We are 224,476 members in 83 forums discussing 163,572 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Squamous cell Carcinoma Breast tumor

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Apr 10, 2021 12:29PM

Ark7 wrote:

5 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast. I then has a double mastectomy with reconstruction.

I recently found a lump, had an ultrasound and biopsy and the pathology report came back as Squamous Cell Carcinoma tumor.

Has anyone been diagnosed, treated for this type? Or an lead me to more information?

I understand it is rare and the few articles I have found disagree on treatment.

My Oncologist, Surgeon and Radiologist have all been on vacation since the diagnosis came back.

Will meet with them later next week, but wanting to understand more about it sooner.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Apr 10, 2021 02:57PM LivinLife wrote:

Oh my on a recurrence and then all those docs on vacation and at the same time and as you get results.... I'd ask how that happens though I've been in that spot with different things unfortunately and sometime it just happens. I feel for you! I don't have answers though want to convey support! Have you tried the search bar at the top? Stay off Google/Bing as hard as that can be. Glad you have appointments next week. Please let us know how things go....

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)