Join Us

We are 224,476 members in 83 forums discussing 163,572 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Paget’s Disease of the breast

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Aug 26, 2021 10:29AM

Vh13351 wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with Paget’s Disease. I recently had a partial mastectomy of my left breast. I kept telling my drs about the itching and redness in my nipple. I had a dermatologist do a biopsy on my nipple, and it was determined to be Paget’s disease at that time. Now my surgeon wants to see me tomorrow. Everything I researched says another surgery to remove the nipple and surrounding tissue. I was just wondering if a total mastectomy might be my best option. I just don’t know what to do

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Aug 26, 2021 06:20PM LivinLife wrote:

Hi Vh! I do not know about this.... just want to send support. Let us know how the appointment goes....

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Aug 27, 2021 03:46PM Vh13351 wrote:

Hey LivinLife thanks for your support. I saw the Dr today, and good news. I give the glory to God. There was nothing detected in either breasts on the MRI. He is having the pathologist at the hospital to look at the slides of the Paget’s disease diagnosis from the first pathologist to see what they determine. Afterwards surgery to remove the nipple if needed followed by radiation, and reconstruction surgery. I still have a bit of a journey to go on, but I know with God on my side I’ll get through it. Thanks again. May God bless you richly. Ve

Aug 27, 2021 06:48PM LivinLife wrote:

Fantastic Vh!!! Thanks for the update and keep us posted as you move through treatment, ok?

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Sep 23, 2021 12:30PM Vh13351 wrote:

Well I had surgery September 13, 2021 to remove my nipple. I don’t mind not having it at all. Today I see my surgeon for follow up. I have decided that I am not going to do radiation treatments. All I can say is it is what I sense in my heart to do. I believe God provided healing for us through His Son Jesus Christ. Why should I go to man when God has the answer to all life’s problems and He alone knows my body and provides for my healing.

Oct 10, 2021 01:24PM Vh13351 wrote:

Going back to surgeon tomorrow for follow up after my surgery 9/13/21. Saw plastic surgeon this week. I’m waiting on having reconstruction for now. Saw Oncologist 10/8. I guess I’m going start tamoxifen, though I’m still not sure about that. I just couldn’t do radiation being directed right at my left breast over my heart. I was stage 0 confined to ducts. Doctor said it was good we found it early. To God be the glory!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)