We are 219,611 members in 81 forums discussing 155,380 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Australian Sisters

Forum: Australians and New Zealanders Affected by Breast Cancer —

Australian health care, clinical trials, and life in general in the land down under.

Posted on: Dec 15, 2010 05:13PM

Trisha-Anne wrote:

Calling all Australian Sisters!

I'm in Canberra and have just done my second chemo treatment.  I'm have 3 cycles of FEC then will have 3 cycles of Taxotere and 12 months of Hercepten.

It might be nice to see how many of us are in Oz and if we aren't too far away from eachother try to organise a meeting.

I have made a long journey and been to a strange land and I've seen the dark man very close ... Thomas Wolfe Dx 9/17/2010, ILC, <1cm, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/17/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 11/4/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 407 of 407 (12,188 results)

Posts 12181 - 12188 (12,188 total)

May 2, 2019 09:44AM chrissyb wrote:

Had an MRI on my head last Monday to see what if anything showed up to explain my hearing loss, tinnitus and balance problem. They found that I have a brain that is just fine but they also found a benign tumor that is attached to the nerve that runs from my inner ear to the brain. The tumor itself is not the problem but the side effects that it causes through pressure is what is causing all my symptoms. Treatment you ask? Nothing right now only neurophysio to try to teach my brain to deal with those same side effects and then scan again at the end of October to see if it has grown. The other options are surgery or cyber knife.......neither of which is recommended at the moment due to the fact that there is a high chance of making it all worse according to the ENT I saw on Wednesday.

Some of you may remember I mentioned the fact that while I was away my left thigh went numb. I told the Onc about it on Tuesday when I saw him so of course he wants to check it out with an MRI of my lower back and sacral area to make sure nothing is pressing where it shouldn't. This will be done on 24th this month then I see him on the 28th........and so the story continues.

Hoping everyone else is doing well.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

I found my peace which gave me strength. 52 at dx. Dx 12/8/2003, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 2, 2019 09:57AM aussie12 wrote:

Chrissy that's not good news either. Must have been a shock to know that you have a tumour. That's just the news you need after having such a great holiday !!! Best wishes.

Carol

Dx 2/2/2012, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/16/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 5/13/2012 Surgery 3/7/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement

May 2, 2019 10:20AM chrissyb wrote:

Carol, I was a little surprised but being me, I'm happy it gave me an answer to a question. I can deal with just about anything so long as I know what's going on.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

I found my peace which gave me strength. 52 at dx. Dx 12/8/2003, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2019 10:14AM aussie12 wrote:

Hi all

I'm still having my procedure next Wednesday then I will get biopsy results etc then I will know what the Doctor's will do regarding further surgery. I had a pre surgery clinic today as I need to be knocked out. I've got this week off work so just enjoying the time off.

Carol

Dx 2/2/2012, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/16/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 5/13/2012 Surgery 3/7/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement

May 8, 2019 08:06PM chrissyb wrote:

Keeping my fingers crossed that all turns out well for you, Carol. Having a week off and just relaxing is a really good thing. Take care.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

May 17, 2019 07:06AM aussie12 wrote:

Hi all

I had the Hysteroscopy and D +C on Wednesday, ended up staying the night in hospital as I got sick. The usual nausea and strange heartbeat that I get after each surgery.

Unfortunately I found out today that I have cancer again in the uterus, it's bowel cancer again. I will need surgery and chemo again. Hopefully I will get it sorted out for the next few weeks.

I have a great Nurse at the hospital who used to work in the chemo ward and now works for bowel cancer department. She has helped me so much, even messaging me today to ring her about my results and she was at the Doctor's meeting today about all the patients and let me know what was going on. It makes a big difference when you get bad news.

I had to come home from work today as I was not well, I'm feeling better now.

Will let you all know what is going on once I know myself.

Carol

May 17, 2019 07:26AM chrissyb wrote:

Oh damn, Carol! You certainly are under an unlucky star at the moment........I'm so upset for you. You are in my thoughts that you can kick cancers butt once again. Please let us know how you are doing as well as what treatment (as in what chemo) they are proposing for you.

Sending warm ((((((hugs))))).

Love n hugs. Chrissy

May 17, 2019 08:25AM aussie12 wrote:

Thanks Chrissy.

Page 407 of 407 (12,188 results)