Join Us

We are 217,532 members in 84 forums discussing 160,616 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Anybody French out there??

Forum: International, Non-English Speakers With Breast Cancer —

From our neighbors near and far whose first language isn't English.

Posted on: Jan 26, 2011 03:03AM

Marie-Edith wrote:

Hello,

I am French and live in Australia.  Diagnosed in Oct. 2010, mastectomy in nov. 2010, started chemo in Dec. 2010. I am wondering if there are any French ladies here. Not that i wish that to anybody :(

Au revoir et a bientot :)

Dx 10/10/2010, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 2 of 13 (386 results)

Posts 31 - 60 (386 total)

Feb 1, 2011 11:42PM Gitane wrote:

Bonjours AliceJean,  J'ai pense a vous ce soir quand j'ai vu la meteo a la television.  Qu'il fait froid a Ohio!

Feb 2, 2011 12:54AM Marie-Edith wrote:

Merci Gitane, j'adore les vaches. Il y en a beaucoup en Normandie et aussi dans ma cuisine en decoration. J'aime aussi beaucoup les chats et chevaux. Merci pour les recherches car souvent j'invente des mots et je savais pas que oncologiste etait francais, je n'ai jamais eu a utiliser ce mot avant.

Oui je sais pas quoi faire pour l'avion. Je vais en discuter avec mon mari ce soir. Le tarif plein est au moins 3 fois plus cher que ce que nous avons paye. Nous avons deja depenser beaucoup d'argent avec ma maladie. On verra.

Bonne chance pour demain, je pense a vous :)

A bientot xoxo 

Feb 2, 2011 04:33AM Marie-Edith wrote:

Vivre, i remember you asking me about sleeping in a dark room. But yes i do, i don't have any clocks or nothing else.  We had some very hot weather, last night was better, i am very agitated and it feels like i'm only half asleep. It's better than nothing !!! 

Bonsoir tout le monde xoxo 

Feb 3, 2011 01:30PM vivre wrote:

Marie-Edith-Can we trade weather? I have to get into my sauna before bed so I can get warm and fall asleep. We just got blasted with 2 feet of snow and tonight it is going to be about 20 below zero with the wind chill. I bet you never even heard of "wind chill" down under. That is what the air temperature feels like when the cold winds blow.

I heard there is a big hurricane headed your way. Hope it will blow past you and yours!

Feb 3, 2011 06:09PM Marie-Edith wrote:

Bonjour Vivre,

Fortunately the cyclone was not as strong as expected, still did lots of damage and the price of bananas is going to go up :(  I live down the south. Where do you live? I've never been to America :(  I think now that i would like to go one day :)  I have heard on the news  about the blizzard that struck America, the - 30 temperature and some victims too. I have never experienced such thing. Would it be painful to breathe ?  We had some 40 degres temperatures recently, i wish i could give you some!! 

Je pense a vous tous en Amerique, j'espere que vous allez tous bien. xoxo

Feb 3, 2011 06:19PM Marie-Edith wrote:

Bonjour Monstmama,

Le voyage approche, bientot le depart alors!!

It's very cold in France too at the moment. There was a big pile up of cars (50 i think) near Paris airport yesterday because of the icy road, fortunately no victims.

So i guess you are going to the Eiffel Tower ?? Maybe the Louvre ?? I am excited for you and your family. I wish you a safe journey and excellent holiday. And lots of croissants !!

Bon voyage xoxo

Feb 3, 2011 10:44PM 1maximus wrote:

Bonjour Marie-Edith , Je sais que vous etes tres fatigue et malgre cela vous repondez a tous vos messages, c' est vraiment gentil, j'espere que votre fille a passer un joyeux anniversaire, j'ai pense a vous quand il ont annonce le cyclone, heureusement que des degats, pas de blesses. Je devais prendre l' avion pour Chicago Mercredi pour voir mon encologue mais tous les aeroports ont ete fermer, Maintenant j''y vais Mardi le 8 fevrier.    I hope it does not snow again, wish I could trade you a litte coolness for a little heat. 

dx 11/1/2009 stageIV,.mets:(spine,ribs,skull,neck)liver,spleen,lungs.and now brain Dx 11/1/2009, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 3, 2011 11:38PM Marie-Edith wrote:

Bonjour Maximus,

Et oui encore moi!! Je passe beaucoup de temps sur l'ordinateur aussi sur facebook. Depuis la chimio, je sors beaucoup moins . Les "mauvais jours" quand je dois aller faire les courses, je me sens mal, j'ai meme parfois peur de tomber dans le magasin :(   Cette semaine, ca va mieux, j'ai meme organise une fete d'anniversaire avec les amies de ma fille pour demain !! 

J'aime beaucoup communiquer avec tout le monde et meme si on ne se connait pas j'ai l'impression que nous sommes toutes des amies !! Ca fait du bien de discuter de temps en temps!! En Francais en plus!!!

Vous prenez l'avion pour voir l'oncologue! ca doit etre loin de chez vous! On va esperer qu'il ne reneige pas d'ici la.  J'espere que vous aurez de bonne nouvelles aussi :)

Bon courage :) xoxo

Feb 4, 2011 09:50AM vivre wrote:

1maximus-I am in the Chicago area, and the forecast is for a deep freeze(6 F right now) . What doctor do you go to?  I hope he is really special for you to brave this weather to get here!

Feb 4, 2011 10:49AM 1maximus wrote:

I go to the cancer center of America in zion outside Chicago, my doctor is Dr Citrin and I love him and I trust him. I did not have much luck at home, I kept complaining for years about pain on right side not until ribs started fracturing did they find it was cancer Stage IV ,my mammograms were always clear, still are. while waiting for treatment mets went to liver and lungs, so my daugher called the cancer center and the next day they flew me to Chicago made all the necessary tests and the next day I was on chemo . done with chemo now and on Arimedex and zometa for bones, I feel a lot better and liver mets almost gone, lungs mets gone, still some persistant activity in ribs. Anyway going tuesday for CT scan hope for good news. there is other cancer center of America closer but Chicago is the only one who takes blue cross blue shield.

dx 11/1/2009 stageIV,.mets:(spine,ribs,skull,neck)liver,spleen,lungs.and now brain Dx 11/1/2009, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 4, 2011 04:31PM AliceJean wrote:

Bien sur qu'il fait trop froid ici...mais au moins nous avons du soleil cet apres-midi. Malgre les temperaures je me suis assise dehors pendant 10 minutes, juste pour avoir un peu de soleil. Ca combat la depression pour moi et avant le cancer, j'ai fait du ski, beaucoup de sports d'hiver que maintenant je ne peux plus faire. C'est triste et ca me fait deprimee mais s'il y a un peu de soleil ca me fait sentir mieux. Bon weekend toutes me soeurs...

Don't sing of Yesterday, Yesterday is gone; Tomorrow isn't written, Make Today your song.

Feb 6, 2011 11:23PM Marie-Edith wrote:

Bonjour everyone :)

I have been busy and tried to do too much during my good days because i am feeling so tired and unwell now.  I've decided to rest and hopefully be well for my first round of taxol on thursday.

Maximus i feel really sorry they didn't find your cancer earlier. I wish you all the best for tuesday :)

AliceJean, moi aussi j'adore le soleil, et j'aime le ski aussi !! Le soleil ca fait du bien :) Bon courage :)

Gitane, j'espere que vous allez bien :)

A bientot xoxo

Feb 6, 2011 11:42PM Gitane wrote:

I am fine, Marie-Edith, thank you.  

I hope you can get all the rest you need before the taxol treatment.  It is difficult to adjust to the limited energy these treatments cause.  

Like you I needed to be in the sunshine.  For me it was a matter of being out on the beach, even though it was December!  Nature was a big help to my morale.

Take very good care of yourself. 

Feb 7, 2011 05:28PM Marie-Edith wrote:

Bonjour Gitane,

I am really glad that you are well. Yes today i am resting as i have 2 big days coming up, wednesday i'm going to the city to see the oncologiste and thursday i'm going to start the taxol :(

J'espere que tout le monde va bien. Je pense a vous :)

xoxo

Feb 8, 2011 08:14AM AliceJean wrote:

Salut les amies,

encore un jour de froidure et le ciel gris, mais je vais a la piscine pour fair de l'aerobique aquatic...ca me donne un peu d'energie pour la journee. A la prochaine....

Don't sing of Yesterday, Yesterday is gone; Tomorrow isn't written, Make Today your song.

Feb 8, 2011 05:16PM Marie-Edith wrote:

Super AliceJean, Bonne journee a la piscine xoxo

Feb 9, 2011 12:01AM Gitane wrote:

Marie-Edith,

Here's hoping your two big days go smoothly.  We will be thinking of you.  Hugs, G. 

Feb 9, 2011 01:44AM Marie-Edith wrote:

Merci Gitane,

Yes today went okay, had to catch the bus to the city and back (45 minutes each way ) It was hot today and i am very, very tired.  I'm going back tomorow for chemo but this time my husband will pick me up. I hate chemo :(

Thank you again, nice to have friends here xoxo.

Feb 9, 2011 03:45PM Gitane wrote:

A hot 45 minute bus ride each way, my goodness.  I would have had a hard time doing that while I was in treatment.  You are strong!  I hope the oncologist had good news for you and that everything is correct for the Taxol treatment tomorrow.  I'm glad your husband will be taking you home.  Hugs, B.

Feb 9, 2011 05:40PM Marie-Edith wrote:

Bonjour Gitane,

I still have a couple of hours before i leave, had to get up and get everyone ready for school. Today is going to be hotter 33/35 degres, i'm glad i only have one way on the bus. I close my eyes and try to rest whenever i can but i must admit i feel like a zombie most of the time!!

Also the onc said, i will be on tamixofen after treatment, did you have that too ?  Some people loose their hair with it too :(

I also asked him if i would have a scan after treatment to see how things were doing, ie. if there is no spreading. His response was no, i would have to wait until i'm sick again or in pain. Considering that when i first met him he said i had a 8/10 chances of recurence. I am not satisfied with him, so i'll asked my breast surgeon when i see him next month.

The reason i didn't have the chemo yesterday was because i had to take my daughter to girl guides but in the future i'll try to do it on the same day.

Some news regarding the plane ticket, it looks like there is a special available at the end of August, it is affordable for us but we need to make a quick decision !! Looks like i'll be able to go home :)  :)  :)

Bonjour tout le monde, j'espere que vous allez bien. Je pense a vous .   

XOXO

Feb 10, 2011 01:47AM Marie-Edith wrote:

Me again and back home. Had my taxol and i'm okay for now :)

Can't wait for the side effetcs to kick in, NOT !

xoxo

Feb 10, 2011 02:43AM chrissyb wrote:

Hope those SE's are gentler this time round.  Take care and make sure you hidrate and rest.

Chrissy

I found my peace which gave me strength. 52 at dx. Dx 12/8/2003, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 10, 2011 03:14AM feistybluegecko wrote:

Bonjour a tous!

I was delighted to find this thread - like many I am not French but a francophile, having studied French at university and lived in France for a year (too many yers ago).  It is wonderful to read all of your posts - a very refreshing thread.

Although I am Scottish I am living and working in Yangon, Myanmar (BIrmanie) so can also identify with you Marie-Edith.  

I look forward to visiting often - ca me fait vraiment plaisir de rencontrer autant d'amies francophone.

Bises

Philippa

xx

feistybluegeckofightsback.word... Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 6/15 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/4/2009 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/22/2009 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/14/2010 Radiation Therapy 4/22/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/14/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 10, 2011 04:10AM Marie-Edith wrote:

Bonjour Chrissy :)

It's 7.30pm and i'm still okay! Making the most of it. Bit of an internet addic. !! Also the reason why i am so tired and can't sleep, have hot flashes, is because i am going through menopause, so i've been told. And thank you i have remembered about drinking lots of water :) I bet it was hot your way today too !!

Bonjour Philippa :)

Je suis ravie de faire votre connaissance :)  La Birmanie c'est bien loin de l'Ecosse aussi mais moins que l'Australie! Comme dis ma mere (qui etait tres triste que je partes), que je ne pouvais pas aller plus loin !!! Et que faites vous comme travail la-bas? Ca a l'air tres interessant ! J'aime votre photo. Avez vous des geckos en Birmanie? Nous en avons ici (pas des bleus), et ils sont superbes! A bientot :)

xoxo

Feb 10, 2011 04:18AM chrissyb wrote:

Oh yes, it got very hot here today, it was forecast for 31 and got to 36.  Not nice at all!...lol.  I look forward to cool weather on a daily basis.  When it's so hot I have a tendancy to stay inside under the fan and try to keep as cool as possible.  I'm looking forward to our luncheon and I have marked it in my phone diary to  make sure the day doesn't pass without me realising.  I do so hope that you have an easier time with your chemo this time round.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

I found my peace which gave me strength. 52 at dx. Dx 12/8/2003, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 10, 2011 04:21AM Marie-Edith wrote:

Ah Philippa, i just read your profile. What an exciting life except for that stupid BC :(

My parents are too old to visit now and my brother is scared of flying !! I do feel homesick at times and really miss my family. I so wish my mum was here to help me sometimes. She is a great cook, she makes the best food. And i'm the total opposite !! 

Take care xoxo

Feb 10, 2011 04:27AM Marie-Edith wrote:

Chissy, me too i look forward to our lunch soon. And i look forward to the cooler weather too !! It was hot and sticky in the city today :(

A tres bientot. Take care and stay cool !!!

xoxo

Feb 10, 2011 06:17AM feistybluegecko wrote:

Lovely to connect with you MArie-Edith and everyone

Yes, I am so lucky in many ways, and the wretched BC was so not in my plans!  I love life and work here too, but do miss friends and family.

More soon

Bises

Philippa

feistybluegeckofightsback.word... Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 6/15 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/4/2009 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/22/2009 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/14/2010 Radiation Therapy 4/22/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/14/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 10, 2011 12:27PM Marion wrote:

Salut!

Je suis francaise et jhabite a Indianapolis depuis 10 ans. J'ai ete diagnostiquee en juillet 2009. Tous mes traitements ont eu lieu ici aux US. Une des choses les plus difficiles a ete de faire la traduction "anglais-francais" afin de pouvoir expliquer tous les traitements a mes amis/ma famille restes en France.

Par exemple, un ganglion lymphatique = a lymph node ! Bref, j'ai beaucoup ameliore mon vocabulaire medical anglais ET francais du coup!

Dx 7/23/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 10, 2011 12:39PM vivre wrote:

I am enjoying deciphering all your French. Perhaps it will refresh my long dormant (ah, french word) memory.

I am blowing some frigid air to you Aussie gals from the windy city (Chicago). I was minus 19 this morning (that's farenheit!) and I am so bundled up on my daily walk, only my nose sticks out! But the sun is shining, so that makes me happy.

MarieEdith-I hope your chemo is not too bad. I did not do chemo, but I did do radiation and that was really hard on my emotions. I think the emotional part of breast cancer was the hardest hurdle to get over. Are you going to France in August? You must like hot weather!

Phillipa-You live in an interesting part of the world. Would love to know more.

Page 2 of 13 (386 results)