We are 219,530 members in 81 forums discussing 155,344 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Multiple Sclerosis and Breast Cancer

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Jan 24, 2009 02:33PM

wackyjackie wrote:

Ladies,

My sister is 46 years old and has just been diagnosed with dcis.  She's still having tests...e.g. MRI.  I'm look for anyone who has input on having both breast cancer and ms, as she now does.  Does chemo interfere? Do you take meds for ms?  Any information at all would be helpfu.  Thank you.

Hugs, Jackie

Dx 5/25/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 18 of 18 (512 results)

Posts 511 - 512 (512 total)

Mar 14, 2019 07:21PM Irishlove wrote:

Hi folks. I know this is a quiet forum but I need to post so rather, great, but odd news. I had been staged 1A, IDC, with biopsy. After a MRI of two more troubling areas, we went from lumpectomy to mastectomy. Today I saw the surgeon and I was restaged. I've never been so happy in my life to say "I've been downgraded"! I have a papillary carcinoma that was encapsulated. It has been restaged to Stage 0. Other troubling areas, were b9. Now on one hand had I known this a head of time, maybe we could have just done the lumpectomy. On the other hand, I may have lost my breast but no more uprisings and no need at this point to remove the other breast. Guess I'm a rare breed as they said it's not really in- situ, but it is treated and staged as such. Number one question on my mind, did MS, an overactive immune system, send troops to circle this cancer and encapsulate it to keep it from becoming invasive? Or did the chemo, Mitoxantrone, that I took for MS back in 2005-2008, make the difference? God blessed me today beyond measure. I pray for every community member and their families to find healing measures and faith in a better day.

Surgery 2/27/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx 3/14/2019, DCIS/IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/6/2019 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Apr 27, 2019 11:48PM Irishlove wrote:

Hi everyone. I know it's rather quiet here but thought I'd give it a try. I have MS for 18 yrs. Fairly stable recently until this flare due to bc diagnosis and mastectomy. It's 8 weeks since surgery and I have had major problems with bowels. I had to head to er and was diagnosed with fecal impact. I'm still struggling with disrupted signal and today I found blood in my stool. I do suffer from hemerroids and have for years, but this is in the stool, not just on the tissue.

Anyone have problems after surgery and this corrected itself, as it's possible I'm straining so much, plus having to use enemas nonstop or milk of magnesia. I read Dr. Chey's post on constipation and I like the kiwi idea. I'm due for colonoscopy in Sept. but was hoping to hold off until I have the prophylactic mastectomy May 7. I did mention this problem to GP and to Breast surgeon. GP recommended colon guard check and surgeon recommended senecot. I am hoping to avoid another doctor to this mix, but the blood sure scared me (not black but certainly red). I have added beets and curcumin to my diet and that made me wonder if that's the source.

Surgery 2/27/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx 3/14/2019, DCIS/IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/6/2019 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Page 18 of 18 (512 results)