We are 224,420 members in 82 forums discussing 157,743 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Anyone else with thyroid cancer too?

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Nov 11, 2013 05:06PM

MusicLover wrote:

When I met my oncologist for the first time I joked to his receptionist that I must have reached my expiration date. Well, I just found out that I have thyroid cancer too. I was so upset that I left his office without a copy of the biopsy report so I don't even know what type it is but I do know that he said it is not an aggressive kind. Ultimately, I guess this is not a big deal but I was certain that the biopsy was going to come back benign. I had found on the web that thyroid nodules benign or malignant come up as a hypermedabolic on PET scans but sure enough my parts are expiring one by one. I will find out more after Thanksgiving but they will probably take the nodule and the thyroid out. I looked up some information on the web about thyroid cancer and there is a relationship between the thyroid and the breasts, so I'm just curious if anyone else has had thyroid cancer too? Thanks for listening to my whining...Sad

As per PET scan, 3 or 4 nodules in the right breast, 2 of which were actually in the middle of my chest, the other 2 were side by side in the breast. Also DCIS in the left breast. Dx 9/23/2013, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 1/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 10/9/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Page 4 of 4 (92 results)

Posts 91 - 92 (92 total)

Nov 7, 2019 08:58PM rrshannon wrote:

Spoonie77 I have had breast cancer 16 years ago, then again a year ago. The Thyroid growth showed up on a PET scan 5 years ago and over the years I had three negative needle biopsies. The thyroid cancer was finally diagnosed after removing the thyroid because it continued to growth a a quicker rate.

BRCA Negative. Dx 7/2/2003, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2003 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/23/2003 AC Radiation Therapy 10/30/2003 Dx 12/11/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 1/17/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 5/10/2019 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 6/17/2019 Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/23/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Saline implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Saline implant

Nov 7, 2019 10:38PM TB90 wrote:

My niece just reached out to me as she is having a core biopsy on a large nodule. I had a total thyroidectomy in Feb only to find the nodules were benign. For six years I have been researching the correlation as that is when I was dx with BC. Nodules existed prior. There are numerous cancers that have an increased incidence following or preceding BC. Cancer likes company. Thyroid cancer is no exception but is also not particularly exceptional. It is no more related to BC than about eight others.

Dx 11/28/2013, DCIS, Grade 2 Surgery 12/18/2013 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/20/2014 Breast

Page 4 of 4 (92 results)