Join Us

We are 218,114 members in 84 forums discussing 160,906 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: anyone had meningioma dx after bc dx?

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Mar 29, 2014 04:14AM - edited Mar 29, 2014 09:45AM by Roxy3

Roxy3 wrote:

11 years after bc dx, got a benign brain tumor dx. and wondering if others have had this happen after bc? There might be a connection between the two dx with genes or female steroid receptors  . I think I have read the same genes faulty in bc repair are involved in causing meningioma.

Robin my website- www.breastlumphelp.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Apr 4, 2014 05:23PM soccermom wrote:

Roxy are you just getting yearly MRIs of meningioma to be sure it is stable? I was recently in an auto accident and suffered a concussion. In emergency they did a CT scan of the brain and found a meningioma! I am a 10/1/2 year survivor. Reviewed CT scans with neurosurgeon and he says it has been there awhile because it is calcified. It is in the back of my head slightly to the right of center about halfway down. Before the auto accident/concussion I had no symptoms- no headaches or any problems. I was rear-ended and my head hit he headrest right in the place that the meningioma is located. Now they want me to get a MRI with contrast to determine next step. Any one else have this? 

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free Dx 10/20/2003, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Dec 5, 2019 06:45PM soccermom wrote:

update: had meningioma removed April 2019 it was 4 cm right posterior fossa area. Also in septhad radiation to remnant they were unable to get to as it was too close to blood supply. Anyone else dx with meningioma?

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free Dx 10/20/2003, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Dec 5, 2019 11:26PM BevJen wrote:

I was originally diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003. Subsequent to that, I had a single site recurrence in 2006. That prompted a few years of scans. At that point, they discovered a meningioma at T5, I think it is, that had calcified. My internist wanted it removed. My MO said leave it alone. Of course, now, I've got a second recurrence, and now they are starting to mention this meningioma again, now calling it an osteophyte (I don't know the difference). It is also adjacent to what they think is a sclerotic met at T6 on my spine. As of now, my MO isn't really focused on my bone situation, because I have liver mets as well and that's top priority. But I do wonder if there is a relationship, and if perhaps my internist was correct all those years ago.

Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+ Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/4/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Oct 12, 2020 03:26AM soccermom wrote:

How are you doing? What a journey this is!

Oct 12, 2020 11:30PM BevJen wrote:

Soccermom,

Just saw this pop up in active topics.

I am doing okay. Still on Ibrance/faslodex, but might be switching soon (unclear). I have what they think is a new lesion in my liver that will be microwave ablated on 10/19. I do still worry about the osteophyte or whatever it is bc it is impinging on my spinal cord. It's mentioned on every scan. Occasionally, I get a weird twinge or weakness in my L leg, and I wonder if that is the cause.

After I deal with the liver met procedure, I will probably look into this more. There may be the possibility of some radiation there, but I don't know because it's so close to the spinal cord. Always something to worry about.

Hope you are doing well.

Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+ Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/4/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)