Join Us

We are 225,032 members in 83 forums discussing 163,852 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: breast cancer & crohn's

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Nov 13, 2014 03:31PM

quiggy wrote:

Diagnosed with IDC last week, living with Crohn's for years.  Anyone in the same boat?  Wondering if one impacts the other.  Can't find much research.

Dx 10/22/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Nov 13, 2014 07:43PM Moderators wrote:

Welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us!

Besides sharing your experiences and learning from other members here at the boards, you may also want to take a look at the Breast Cancer 101section from the main site, which is designed to help you sort through all of the information on our site to find what is more relevant to you right now.

Also reliable information on IDC — Invasive Ductal Carcinoma where you'll learn about symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, etc.

We have done searching on our main site and other quality sites and there is certainly very little relating Crohn's to BC or treatment conflicts. We hope that some members here may be able to help with your question.

We hope this helps!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

May 23, 2018 04:28PM Aliceinchains wrote:

yes. My oncologist said there is a direct correlation between Crohn’s and breast cancer. My breast cancer is HER2

May 23, 2018 09:03PM quiggy wrote:

Aliceinchains

Would be interested to learn about your OC's research on this. I tried to find info., came up empty. My OC claimed "could be" but wasn't aware of any data.

Makes sense, auto immunity all around!

Wishing you all the best.

Dx 10/22/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 31, 2018 03:51PM Aliceinchains wrote:

@quiggy, yeah, my Onc didn’t even blink when he said that Crohn’s has a direct correlation to my BC. He said it has to do with a compromised immune system. Made total sense to me. I feel lucky to have such a brilliant oncologist, they are not all great and I see people all the time with Oncs that just don’t care enough.

May 31, 2018 04:58PM Egads007 wrote:

Interesting, so glad you posted. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis shortly after treatment.

Get a load of this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16169781/

"I base all my fashion choices on what doesn't itch" (Gilda Radner) Chemotherapy 3/19/2013 Doxil (doxorubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 8/22/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right Radiation Therapy 10/31/2013 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 1, 2018 02:04AM deedledee wrote:

Very interesting. Thank you for posting. My mom is oldest of 10. All 10 have ulcerative colitis. I'm the first in family with the beast. I am the oldest of three-all girls. Now a year later my sister who is 8 years younger has just been diagnosed with melanoma-sugery tomorrow. None of us girls with UC but seems like we're supporting their findings.

Dx 6/23/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (DUAL) Surgery 7/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/5/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)