We are 187,560 members in 81 forums discussing 141,004 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity → Topic: additional treatments with Stage 1 IDC and have Lupus

Topic: additional treatments with Stage 1 IDC and have Lupus

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: May 19, 2017 02:13AM

ksmith6912 wrote:

Recently diagnosed with Stage 1 invasive ductal carcinoma. The discussion with my team right now is about treatment (most likely lumpectomy). i have lupus so my concern is with radiation therapy and lupus. What are my other options? Anyone have similar situations post-lumpectomy?

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

May 19, 2017 04:09AM SummerAngel wrote:

I have mixed connective tissue disease. My doctors, both the surgeon and the oncologist, spoke to my rheumatologist after I was diagnosed and because I have skin involvement decided I should have a mastectomy (this was before they found the tumor in the other breast) to try to avoid radiation if at all possible.

Age at dx: 45. Oncotype, left-side tumor: 9. Right side had multifocal IDC and "extensive" LCIS. Isolated tumor cells in 1 right-side node. Dx 4/3/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 4/27/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 6/1/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 6/1/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 8/27/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 12/3/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)