We are 204,677 members in 81 forums discussing 148,321 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity → Topic: Suspicious Ovarian Mass after BC

Topic: Suspicious Ovarian Mass after BC

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Jan 12, 2018 01:55PM

lessharp wrote:

I had Pagets & DCIS w/bilateral MX over 2 years ago...no other treatments required...(no hormones, no Rads and no Chemo). I am 49 and still having regular menstrual cycles up until 2 months ago....was very, very late. Figured I was just starting perimenopause. Ended up in the ER last week over worst abdominal pain I've ever had. The ER did CT scan w/cont but only identified fluid in the abdomen, unable to see ovary on scan. They suspected ruptured cyst and sent me home. Followed up with Gyn and she said 5cm mass with some solid components. She did blood work which showed my CA125 at 65, and now I'm seeing a Gyn/Oncololist on Monday. On the day of my visit I was gushing blood with a 2month in the waiting period. I also have endometriosis. I did have Gen Testing and had a variant of unknown significance with PALB2...but I am neg on BRCA1/2

How worried should I be? I'm going nuts. Major pain and off work till this is resolved. I have nothing to do but stew in this possible diagnosis. How much does CA125 play in this? Everything I read says NOT an indicator before menopause and can be elevated 2/3 times with menstruation and endometriosis. My Gyn said that tumor like this is rare in someone my age.

Dx 10/6/2015, Paget's, Left Surgery 10/20/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Dx 10/26/2015, DCIS/Paget's, Left, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 12/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jan 26, 2018 05:42PM lessharp wrote:

I know perhaps someone will come across this....so thought I'd update. I had surgery 2 days ago. My ovarian mass showed all components of malignancy on MRI. Echoes, solid, separations, fluid in abdomen and my ca125 had risen to 115. My gyn/oncologist never offered any real alternatives...just that all those were troubling signs.

Guess what? Benign!!! I was a mess the last two weeks. I was in excruciating pain as the tumor had twisted my ovary around 3x and had grown to 8cm. I am now trying to recover...am sore....but oh so happy!!! Praising God!

Dx 10/6/2015, Paget's, Left Surgery 10/20/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Dx 10/26/2015, DCIS/Paget's, Left, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 12/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

Jan 26, 2018 07:43PM Reckless wrote:

Congrats! I had a similar story just 3 months ago: masses on both ovaries, 8 cm and 5 cm,suspicious for malignancy with solid components and septations, turned out benign. Except my CA-125 was 18, but I am BRCA2+, so had to lose the ovaries...

Dx 3/4/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/19/2016 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 8/11/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 11/13/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)