Join Us

We are 225,032 members in 83 forums discussing 163,852 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Atypical Anorexia before BC diagnosis?

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Dec 16, 2018 02:14PM

hdmom wrote:

Looking for others who have been through BC treatment while struggling with their eating disorder. Was supposed to enter residential treatment then that was delayed by three days- in that time I got my annual screening mammogram, and two months later here I am in the middle of treatment now, starting rads tomorrow. I’m hoping to hear how you have handled the continuous nutrition talk (“more protein, healthy balance, regular meals”) along with the constant reminders of being overweight (robes not quite closing, hard to fit in the medical apparatuses). My ED is very active, and I worry how I’ll do through radiation. I do drink a lot of water. Every few days I’ll have a snack size pack of applesauce if I’m getting too dizzy or weak. Anyone else relate

Dx 10/9/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/8/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/17/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/16/2019 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Dec 16, 2018 05:53PM cimo37 wrote:

Hello, hdmom.

Reading your post really pulled at my heart. While you continue BC treatment, I pray you soon are able to manage and gain victory over your eating disorder. Please try to take it one day at a time, and know there is a great big village here pulling for you!

With care,

cimo

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" ~Luke 12:22,25 Dx 4/16/2009, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/7/2018, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+

Dec 18, 2018 03:27PM hdmom wrote:

Thank you. I’m trying to gather as many resources as possible until I can enter treatment in (hopefully) February.

Hope your week goes well

Dx 10/9/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/8/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/17/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/16/2019 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)