Join Us

We are 224,476 members in 83 forums discussing 163,572 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Worries

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Jul 28, 2020 12:40PM

LillyIsHere wrote:

This is a place where you can write your worries, while waiting for the test results.

Here, I am starting first: this morning I had a biopsy of a thyroid nodule that showed up 3 months ago. I went to do the biopsy all optimistic and I asked the doctor who performed the biopsy what his thoughts were. He said it looks 50-50!!! He seems very nice and knowledgeable from one of the well known hospitals with many years of experience. Right now I am seeing the glass half-empty. Waiting for pathology tests is the worst! Well, the worst are bad news but this one is close to the worst. Anyone had a thyroid cancer after she was diagnosed with BC?

“Within five years, cancer will have been removed from the list of fatal maladies.” That was the optimistic promise to U.S. President William Howard Taft in 1910 when he visited Buffalo’s Gratwick Laboratory, “What’s taking so long?” Dx 7/31/2019, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/19/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 11/29/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jul 29, 2020 01:53AM - edited Jul 29, 2020 01:54AM by AliceBastable

I haven't, but from what I've heard, it's one of the most easily treated cancers. You might check the thread for cancer with comorbidities - sorry, I can't think of the exact thread title right now.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Boring. Hope it stays that way. Dx 5/2018, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 29, 2020 10:18AM GlobalGal wrote:

Dear Lilly Was Here,

I ended up with synchronous thyroid cancer and breast cancer.

Initially, after a nodule biopsy showed papillary thyroid cancer, I had surgery to remove the thyroid along with some central neck lymph nodes. The 3 lymph nodes did not have thyroid cancer, but breast cancer instead. Because of the high position of the lymph nodes in the neck, I am considered de novo stage 4 for breast cancer (no evidence, so far, of breast cancer anywhere else in my body, including my breasts).

For me, the papillary thyroid cancer diagnosis was not as big a deal compared to the breast cancer diagnosis. The thyroid was removed, I had radioactive iodine treatment a few months after surgery, and take daily levothyroxine. It was all very manageable.

At first, I saw my ENT surgeon every 2 months, but not since Covid-19 as I have no current issues. My endocrinologist handles the prescription for levothyroxine and associated blood work. We chat by phone, usually every six months.

Good luck with your results.

Kind regards,

GlobalGal

2019, de novo stage IV metastatic breast cancer to 3 central lymph nodes in neck following thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer WITH NO PRIMARY BREAST CANCER IDENTIFIED. 10/2021, multiple multifocal liver and bone mets identified on PET scan. Dx 3/20/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy 6/3/2019

Jul 29, 2020 12:16PM LillyIsHere wrote:

Thank you Ladies!

GlobalGal, what a story! Do you take anything for breast cancer?

“Within five years, cancer will have been removed from the list of fatal maladies.” That was the optimistic promise to U.S. President William Howard Taft in 1910 when he visited Buffalo’s Gratwick Laboratory, “What’s taking so long?” Dx 7/31/2019, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/19/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 11/29/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy

Jul 29, 2020 08:41PM GlobalGal wrote:

Dear Lilly Was Here,

Yes, I take Anastrozole.

This month I am scheduled for another PET scan, my third. The other two PET scans were clear —as were my breast MRIs, breast ultrasounds, and mammograms.

GlobalGal

2019, de novo stage IV metastatic breast cancer to 3 central lymph nodes in neck following thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer WITH NO PRIMARY BREAST CANCER IDENTIFIED. 10/2021, multiple multifocal liver and bone mets identified on PET scan. Dx 3/20/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy 6/3/2019

Jul 29, 2020 10:10PM LillyIsHere wrote:

I wish you clear PET scans. What type of BC was found in your nodes? How did doctor explain it? Is it a possibility that your body's immune system killed the BC cells?

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)