Topic: Comorbidities and now this!

Forum: Breast Cancer with Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity — Meet others who have breast cancer but also have another health diagnosis/comorbidity such as another cancer, diabetes, MS, bipolar disorder, HIV or AIDS, Parkinson's Disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

Posted on: Nov 10, 2022 09:45AM

Posted on: Nov 10, 2022 09:45AM

tweedle wrote:

First, it was chronic depression.

Next, it was Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and subsequent hypothyroidism.

After that, Fibroids in my uterus and a hysterectomy.

Then came gall bladder and surgery.

After that, diabetes Type II.

Soon, NASH/Non-alcoholic fatty liver

Include hyperlipidemia, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol

Followed by Kidney Cancer.

Now, breast cancer metastasized to my bones.

I am so very tired of the things that can go wrong with this earth suit.

Is it even worth it to try? I am tired, achy, mad, and sad.

Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy Kisqali Local Metastases Bone

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Nov 10, 2022 09:17PM parakeetsrule wrote:

Wow, that's a lot! If you want more info on bone mets come join us here: community.breastcancer.org/for...
Stage 2 at 37, Stage 4 at 41. Cancer is dumb. Cookies are good. Dx 3/21/2017, IDC, Left, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 11/6/2017 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 12/13/2021 Piqray (alpelisib) Dx IDC, Other, Stage IV, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy (Left)

Nov 11, 2022 05:40AM moderators wrote:

tweedle , You are in our thoughts. Just stick around with these amazing women here who understand how you're feeling, and post any time you need to vent. You are not alone.

Sending warm cyberhugs to you,

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Nov 12, 2022 09:45PM tweedle wrote:

Thank you for allowing this forum to express the frustration my health issues are causing. I am finding my greatest challenge to be in keeping my blood glucose (bg) controlled with the added stress of the metastatic breast cancer and the pain in my back and leg. I'm T2 diabetic and do have insulin both long and short acting, but for some reason I feel that I am a failure when I take it. I feel that my body has betrayed me especially with the new and totally unexpected Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC) diagnosis.

Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy Kisqali Local Metastases Bone

Nov 13, 2022 02:17AM pessa wrote:

I understand where you are coming from. I had melanoma 29 years ago, breast cancer 12 years ago (had bilateral mastectomy, chemo) and now stage 4 lung cancer. I also have type II diabetes on insulin, hypertension and elevated cholesterol. I am retired. People ask me what I do with my free time. It is basically dealing with all my medical issues! However, it is worth it. I have never once thought of giving up. The alternative is not better,

Dx 2/20/2010, IDC, <1cm, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/5/2010 AC Surgery 10/22/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left) Hormonal Therapy 11/20/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Scroll to top button