We are 208,432 members in 81 forums discussing 150,009 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis → Topic: daughter with BC

Topic: daughter with BC

Forum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: May 21, 2017 12:37PM

SMcN wrote:

Any other parents out there with daughter with breast cancer. She was diagnosed at age 29, now 32, with metastasis to bone and lung. I find it very hard to cope with this, very sad, crying all the time. She lives in another province as well. How quickly your life can change when someone you love is diagnosed with BC

Page 1 of 1 (17 results)

Posts 1 - 17 (17 total)

May 21, 2017 12:47PM wrenn wrote:

I would find it very hard to deal with. I can't imagine. If you are in Vancouver Callanish.org is very helpful. If not I wonder if there is some kind of support. So sorry you are dealing with this. Take care of yourself

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

May 22, 2017 01:51AM dtad wrote:

I'm so sorry you are dealing with your daughter having metastatic BC. It's one thing when someone like me is diagnosed at age 62 and quite another at your daughter's age. It is just devastating. It makes me angry when I think of all the PInktober propaganda when young women such as your DD are suffering. My heart goes out to you as a mother of a 35 year old daughter. I hope and pray she does well. Good luck to both of you...

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jul 5, 2017 01:41PM angsmom wrote:

Dear SMcN - I hesitated to post but see there are no other mothers that have responded. I have been through what you are going through. My daughter was young too, 32 at diagnosis. Your life changes at that moment. We lived in 3 month cycles, always waiting for the scan results, was the chemo working, if not, what next. The emotional toll is like no other when its your child. Enjoy all the special times with your girl, spend lots of time, share, hug, laugh, and love. I will pray for you and your daughter.

Thinking of you

Jul 7, 2017 04:16AM edwards750 wrote:

Bless your heart I can't imagine how horrific it is when it's your daughter. Mind was recently DX with kidney cancer. She is older than your daughter. She has 4 children the youngest is 7. Her prognosis is good. You can live with one kidney.

It's so disheartening and unfair for someone as young as your daughter to be dealing with this. It isn't good for anyone but for people our age it seems more tolerable and even explainable if it has to happen at all.

We are all praying for her and you. Keep the faith.

Diane

Nov 17, 2017 09:03AM Sarah-S wrote:

Hi SMcN, my daughter has metastatic breast cancer spread to the bone, lung, skin and lymph nodes throughout her body. I am devastated and don't know if never knowing what tomorrow will bring is a good thing or a bad thing. She was diagnosed for the first time at 32, two and a half years ago, and had the usual treatment, chemotherapy, surgery and radiotherapy. We were needless to say very happy last September when she got the all clear. However, in January of this year she was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. Things seemed to go downhill very quickly while she was having tests, within a month she was like a little old woman from the pain.

She has been receiving chemotherapy now since February, she is now on her third type. I still can't believe that this is happening, it makes no sense, if anyone says of course it doesn't make sense it's cancer, I will scream. I think you will understand this. I don't think I could take another scan, each time it has spread somewhere else.

Nov 17, 2017 09:59AM Moderators wrote:

Dear Sarah-S, Welcome to the BCO community. We are so sorry that your daughter's breast cancer has brought you here but so glad that you reached out to tell your story. We hope that you will stay connected here and experience the support that other caregivers can offer. Please keep us posted on how she continue to do as well as yourself. The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 18, 2017 08:45AM Gudrun wrote:

Today and two years after our daughter's diagnosis at age 28, I'm still in a shock. She was triple positive with a big lump. Although she fortunately had no further progression I feel like Damocles' sword hanging over us with no escape.

Gudrun

Daughter dx at 28: Dx 8/2015, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): TUG flap

Nov 19, 2017 05:02AM edwards750 wrote:

OMG how horrific for your daughter and you. She is so young to be dealing with this monster. I am so sorry. Prayers for her and you.

Diane

Nov 20, 2017 03:32AM Gudrun wrote:

thank you edwards for your compassionate words. I haven't come here to complain.

I myself had been dx ILC 4 years ago with no family history and as they told me no genetic risks for my daughters. Then only 2 years later ...

What I wanted to say is that it is in no way comparable if it's you or if it's your child.

Love to everyone

Gudrun

Daughter dx at 28: Dx 8/2015, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): TUG flap

Dec 31, 2017 11:55AM Sarah-S wrote:

Thank you, we got through Christmas which is great for all of us! She has pain again recently in her upper body, I don't know what to make of that, you never know if it's the cancer of the treatment, but she's still here!

Jan 1, 2018 03:18AM edwards750 wrote:

It’s such an insidious disease. My sister and I both have it. I’m 6 years out with IDC but my sister’s came back after 4 years in the area where she had a MX. Hasn’t spread thankfully. Our mother had it in her late 60s so we were high risk.

Doctors are at a loss why some of us drew the unlucky card. Actually 70% of BC cases are not genetically driven. Hard to believe but true.

Regardless research and treatment has come a long way since I was DX. There’s reason to be optimistic.

So keep the faith and keep us posted and by the way it’s okay to complain. We understand. This is the place to do that. If anyone gets that we do.

Diane

Jan 11, 2018 11:27AM Sarah-S wrote:

Thank you, I wish the all the best to you and your sister. My daughter is due a scan the end of this month so we will see if the treatment she is on now is doing anything, I think after this there is only some maintenance treatment left, so I'm at a loss as to how long the doctor can keep her functioning. In some ways it's a good thing, but can also be frustrating at times to think we have no idea how long that will be, two lumps have appeared on her neck now, so hopefully when the scan results come back it won't be the cancer.

Jan 14, 2018 11:07AM edwards750 wrote:

Thank you Sarah. I hope the lumps are non-cancerous too. I had one that turned out to be fatty tissue. It was pre-DX but unnerving just the same.

Keep us posted. We are all hoping and praying for the best for her. Do your best to keep the faith.

Diane

Jan 19, 2018 09:02AM Sarah-S wrote:

She's really finding this course of chemotherapy tough, this week she had acupuncture before the chemo and she had no unwanted side effects, I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but we'll see next time.

Jan 22, 2018 01:28AM edwards750 wrote:

Never had acupuncture but have heard good things about it. Regardless glad it helped. Bless her heart I’m sure it’s difficult. Luckily she has a loving and caring mother.

Diane

Feb 25, 2018 12:55PM Sarah-S wrote:

Hi, I hope everybody is doing well. My daughter had her scan, unfortunately the cancer has progressed everywhere it already is and now it is in her liver. She asked the big question "how long do I have to live?", and the doctor spoke to me on my own also. She has been offered taxol now and has accepted it, although I don't know how much she can take as she is on chemotherapy for over a year now constantly. Her cough has become more frequent also, the lung is quite full of cancer.

Well, we live in Ireland and the cancer support centres are very good, particularly our local one, so she will continue with her therapies, reflexology, massage, etc., and her child will continue with his therapist, he does this through art and talking through issues. I don't know how you are supported in the USA? When she moves back in with me the centre will send a car out for her on Thursdays and she can have a relaxation day, aromatherapy massage and I don't know what, I feel so grateful.

Feb 26, 2018 10:23AM edwards750 wrote:

Oh no so sorry Sarah.

Diane

Page 1 of 1 (17 results)