We are 191,997 members in 81 forums discussing 142,875 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis → Topic: Metastatic Triple negative breast cancer with no treatment

Topic: Metastatic Triple negative breast cancer with no treatment

Forum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Jun 14, 2017 11:31AM

Curiousdaughter79 wrote:

Hello all,

My mother was diagnosed 2 months ago with metastatic triple negative breast cancer, after being 9 1/2 years cancer free. She had 5 radiation treatments and 1 chemo treatment which nearly killed her. She has since decided that she will do no more treatment. Can anyone please tell me how long we may have with her? She is severely tired all the time.... I'm talking maybe being awake during the day 1-3 hours. We brought hospice in a couple weeks ago, she's doing a lot better now that the Chemo has left her body. But still acts very week. My emotions aren't going crazy! I want her here forever and I know that won't happen. But having an idea on how quick this cancer will spread would be nice to know that way my family can take her to do the few things she wants to before she leave she us. Anything input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 14, 2017 08:52PM MinusTwo wrote:

curious - the doc should be able to give you an estimate. That said, many people live a good while. She will be weak. She will be tired. The main thing is you have her on a regime to keep her from pain now.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 15, 2017 05:02AM dtad wrote:

Hi there. So sorry you are going through this with your mom. I'm a firm believer in Hospice. I think they are a wonderful organization and you should take full advantage of them. They should be able to give you some idea. Of course nobody knows for sure. I hope you can enjoy many peaceful happy moments with her. She's lucky to have such a caring daughter. Good luck...

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)