We are 196,343 members in 81 forums discussing 144,708 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis → Topic: Wife just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at 43

Topic: Wife just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at 43

Forum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Sep 10, 2017 05:47PM

Etxpiney wrote:

she went through treatment for breast cancer and finished about 6 months ok. Everything was going good until she started having headaches. She finally got in for an MRI and they discovered 6 tumors. They removed one but can't do anything with the other 5. She's completed 3 treatments of full brain radiation. So far the side effects have been nausea, extremely painful knees and ankles, & she's getting tired all the time. She is also complaining of feeling out of it. We've had a couple weeks to absorb this but just don't know what to do or expect.

I lost my brother to Brain cancer a couple years ago and had to watch that horrible death. She is saying she doesn't want to die like that. Anyway just ranting.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 10, 2017 07:47PM Moderators wrote:

Etxpiney, we're terribly sorry for your wife's diagnosis and all you're going through, but so glad you've found us and decided to post. The women and men here are wonderful and have tons of experience and great advice to share, and we hope you can get the strength you need from them.

As a suggestion, you may find the Husbands Corner thread helpful. You'll find many loved ones there managing similar situations.

Wishing you the best!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 10, 2017 10:51PM - edited Sep 10, 2017 10:52PM by illimae

Etxpiney, I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis you and your wife are dealing with. Hopefully, there is some treatment offered for the areas where surgery is not an option. Also, although I don't have brain mets myself, there is a group here for that (brain mets sisters), they may have some good insight on treatment and managing SE's.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)