We are 208,559 members in 82 forums discussing 150,082 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis → Topic: Mother was just diagnosed with stage 4

Topic: Mother was just diagnosed with stage 4

Forum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Oct 1, 2017 06:55PM

Daughterofcancermom wrote:

hello group. Im thankful to have found a support group. Im not doing well at all. My mother was diagnosed 2weeks ago with stage 4 breast cancer that spread to her bones and lymph nodes. Im terrified of the pain she will probably go through and like alot of you im sure u have surfed the internet as i have to get answeres its only tormented me more. Lesson learned i suppose. Im getting ready to go to sc from ia to spend time with her im scared im not going to b able to be strong for her. Do any of you have any advice

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Oct 2, 2017 06:19AM dtad wrote:

Hi there. I'm so sorry for your mom's BC diagnosis. Just not fair! My advice would be for her to be treated at a major university teaching hospital. Your mom doesn't need you to be strong she just needs you to be there. She is lucky to have a compassionate daughter like you. Please let me know if there is anyway I can help. Try to stay off google and get your information and support from this forum. Good luck and keep us posted...

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Oct 4, 2017 11:43AM zohra wrote:

I am really sorry you are going through that. Yes just be with her. She really need you. Good luc

Dx 10/25/2012, ILC, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, HER2-

Apr 2, 2018 11:03AM chronquist22 wrote:

I am going through the same thing. My mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Triple Negative Breast Cancer in November 2017.

My mom loves it when I send her positive and encouraging quotes or songs. She lives two hours away from me so I try to text her or call her everyday. Do not give up. Do not let her give up either.

Peace, love, healing, positive vibes, positive energy, strength, and love goes out to you and your mom along with all your loved ones and everyone involved.

Apr 11, 2018 01:21PM bluepearl wrote:

If the mets are only in her bones, she can live many years. ((((HUGS))))

Dx 1/6/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/12/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Dx 2/2013, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/10/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 3/18/2013

Jul 4, 2018 12:00AM - edited Jul 4, 2018 12:01AM by Caitlinaustralia

Same story... Mom was diagnosed with de novo Stage IV, brain and pancreas mets, 3 weeks ago. Trouble is, she's in Texas and I live in Australia. As soon as I got the dx call I got on a plane. She was having brain surgery to remove a tumour straight away. I'm so glad I didn't hesitate, I absolutely needed to be there (I have my colleagues to thank... they told me to GO). I just got back after spending 2 weeks with her, my dad and brother. Now I guess I'll either plan my next visit, or just set aside flight money for when I need it next? She'll have radiation (brain) in another 4-6 weeks, and based on what I've read about rads SE that might be another time she'll need extra support? Otherwise if/when she starts chemo I'll absolutely go then. It's hard, trying to balance needing to be with her and supporting my dad (primary caregiver), with my life and career here. Is that selfish? If things get bad with my mom, I'm prepared to take a leave of absence, but until then, how do I avoid feeling useless??

Jul 4, 2018 01:52PM Meow13 wrote:

Try not to despair bone mets can be treated and she can still have a long life ahead. There is no cure but people are living good QOL lives after stage 4 diagnosis. Getting better meds all the time.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)