We are 197,800 members in 81 forums discussing 145,375 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis → Topic: Mother was just diagnosed with stage 4

Topic: Mother was just diagnosed with stage 4

Forum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Oct 1, 2017 09:55PM

Daughterofcancermom wrote:

hello group. Im thankful to have found a support group. Im not doing well at all. My mother was diagnosed 2weeks ago with stage 4 breast cancer that spread to her bones and lymph nodes. Im terrified of the pain she will probably go through and like alot of you im sure u have surfed the internet as i have to get answeres its only tormented me more. Lesson learned i suppose. Im getting ready to go to sc from ia to spend time with her im scared im not going to b able to be strong for her. Do any of you have any advice

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Oct 2, 2017 09:19AM dtad wrote:

Hi there. I'm so sorry for your mom's BC diagnosis. Just not fair! My advice would be for her to be treated at a major university teaching hospital. Your mom doesn't need you to be strong she just needs you to be there. She is lucky to have a compassionate daughter like you. Please let me know if there is anyway I can help. Try to stay off google and get your information and support from this forum. Good luck and keep us posted...

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Oct 4, 2017 02:43PM zohra wrote:

I am really sorry you are going through that. Yes just be with her. She really need you. Good luc

Dx 10/25/2012, ILC, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)