Join Us

We are 217,544 members in 84 forums discussing 160,623 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Parents

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Sep 20, 2018 10:09PM

Birchbark26 wrote:

anyone a parent with a daughter who is stage IV

Dx 7/16/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Feb 2, 2020 09:35PM Stromat63 wrote:

Hello Birchbark26

My daughter was diagnosed with stage IV de novo breast cancer 6 months ago. Today she had her first CT scan since starting treatment. Hoping the scan will show that the cancer is shrinking. She has liver, lung and bone Mets. She is very independent and has kept me at arm's length, except for the first couple months after diagnosis. She lives alone, works full time and has no significant other. I'm having trouble knowing what to do to support her because she wants to do everything alone.

Stromat63

Feb 3, 2020 11:10AM Moderators wrote:

Dear Stromat63,

Welcome to you. We are sorry about your daughter's diagnosis. We are glad that you reached out here for support. This particular thread has not been active since September. If you do not here from Birchbark you may want to send her a private message and or start a new topic in the Caregivers' Forum. Stay active here and let us know how we can continue to be of help.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Feb 3, 2020 02:20PM Birchbark26 wrote:

Hi Stromat63,

This is the first time I’ve heard from a parent. Thanks for responding. I’m sorry about your daughter’s diagnosis. I’m going to try to contact you personally.

Birchbar

Dx 7/16/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)