We are 218,757 members in 81 forums discussing 154,917 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Stage 4 with leptomeningeal metastases

Forum: For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Apr 14, 2019 08:42PM

mjpowelka wrote:

Hi, first time poster here. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 with metastases to bone 4 years ago. She had an MRI a few days ago, due to dizziness. She was then diagnosed with leptomeningeal metastases. Everything that I've found online suggests a relatively short time left. What i'm wondering is what are the declines that she will encounter? Is it something that is going to leave her in constant pain? Will she be cognizant of whats going on? I feel like I need to know as much about this stage so I can mentally prepare myself and be as helpful to her as possible. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Apr 14, 2019 08:50PM Moderators wrote:

We are very sorry to hear what you and your mom are going through.

You may find these pages helpful to understanding what to expect: Metastases to the brain, Metastatic Breast Cancer Treatment Choices and read and talk to others here: Brain mets sisters.

Please know we are here for you.

Medicating

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)