Join Us

We are 224,976 members in 83 forums discussing 163,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Verzenio Question for My Mom

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Jun 14, 2019 09:31PM

Squinkymom wrote:

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I have found your presence so comforting during this very difficult time. My Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV with mets to liver a couple of months ago and is now on Verzenio, and feeling pretty stable. She's asked me to find out if anyone has had luck taking Verzenio before bed. She has discovered that taking it with yogurt is much easier on her stomach, and was wondering if this nighttime dose would be good too.

I'm not sure if this is something that you'd talk about here or if anyone has experience with this; I've stalked the Stage IV patient boards and haven't found anything, and obviously don't want to intrude there.

Grateful for any thoughts if anyone out there has them!

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 17, 2019 03:17PM vlnrph wrote:

Since Verzenio is a twice a day med, as a retired pharmacist, I suggest aiming for an every 12 hour schedule.

That being said, I don't even follow my own advice since I take it with breakfast and supper when we're home - frequently that results in a 10 hr interval which I figure is close enough. It's easy to remember because I keep the package on our kitchen table. If we're out to dinner, the dose may be delayed a little but I don't worry about it.

So, my conclusion would be for your mom to do whatever works for her situation. I hope she appreciates her daughter having such an interest in the details of her treatment!

IDC too! 🎻💊👪🐩 🇫🇮 🌹🦋 Rt MX+DIEP 4-2011; ALND 5-2011 d/t micromets; TC X 4; tamoxifen; lymphedema 9-2011; switch to letrozole 3-2014 for 1 yr; bone mets 8-2018: Zometa, rads to spine, Faslodex+Verzenio; 11-2018 vertebroplasty Dx 3/7/2011, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/25 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 7, 2019 08:21AM Squinkymom wrote:

Thank you so much! I will let her know. She's been very lucky with side effects; she thinks that when she does have an adverse effect it might be from taking the Verzenio in the same vicinity with some other drugs, so she's trying to time things. It's good to have some thoughts from an actual pharmacist. Wishing you well. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)